Home Sports Talk
Options

For some reason the NBA has been off my radar.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

A quarter of the season gone.

Lakers 19-3
Warriors 4-19

Can that be right?

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hard to believe that just a few years ago, the Warriors looked like a dynasty capable of winning at least 5 or 6 championships.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Curry, no Klay, Durant gone, yep.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Just announced - NBA Ratings are down 23% since last year. IMO - different game than it was - players dictate where and who they will play with, too many super teams and not enough parity, two many 3 point shots and dunks, too many foul shots in the last 2 minutes of the game, and when was the last time they call "travel" (don't enforce rules like NCAA, AAU, etc.). Miss the days of the post up, sky hook, physical play.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually don't watch until the 2nd round of the Playoffs.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not many folks know this but the NBA actually went out of business around 20 years ago.

The games you see on TV are all replays of previous games with different players faces cleverly photoshopped into the video.

Some may say, "Well stevek, i've recently been to an NBA game and there were real players out there on the court."

No, they cleverly fooled you. The players images were simply projected with marvelous 3D video technology to make them appear to be on the court. During a NBA game, if you were to run out on the court, you wouldn't bump into anything because there is nothing out there but lights.

• Options
  • Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

and when was the last time they call "travel"

not last night
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1202419699671355393?ref_src=twsrc^google%

Wow, good timing on my comment!

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Warriors have been snake bit this year. Draymond Green is the only player from last years team that is playing this season. He has missed games due to injury. Recently the Warriors have only had eight healthy players suiting up to play.

Toss this season in the toilet, get a lottery pick and try again next year.

There is much joy around the league and fans to see the Warriors crash.

• Options

i still get a kick out of this one

https://youtu.be/fCGbr8EZg74

• Options
    edited December 5, 2019 4:07PM

So on the LeBron travel, what is the protocol. Ref was ten feet away and watching the travel. They figure I guess that he is still the face of the game and it is a long season and we want him to stay healthy for another 8 months?

I mean c'mon, the defender is begging for a call. Sorry pal, the ref is implying, when you have a few rings we can talk..

Idiotic and the result of a 9 month season for the deep in the playoff teams.

Edit...aw hell, maybe he didn't see it as he was looking ahead. Crap ref.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Just announced - NBA Ratings are down 23% since last year. IMO - different game than it was - players dictate where and who they will play with, too many super teams and not enough parity, two many 3 point shots and dunks, too many foul shots in the last 2 minutes of the game, and when was the last time they call "travel" (don't enforce rules like NCAA, AAU, etc.). Miss the days of the post up, sky hook, physical play.

I agree with the reasons, but they're not why I stopped watching this year, they're why I stopped watching 20-some years ago. I have literally watched curling rather than subject myself to an NBA game; it is the least interesting athletic contest on the planet.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2019 4:09PM

@Coinstartled said:

So on the LeBron travel, what is the protocol. Ref was ten feet away and watching the travel. They figure I guess that he is still the face of the game and it is a long season and we want him to stay healthy for another 8 months?

I mean c'mon, the defender is begging for a call. Sorry pal, the ref is implying, when you have a few rings we can talk..

Edit...aw hell, maybe he didst see it as he was looking ahead. Crap ref.

this is my interpretation. the tweet i posted doesn't reveal it, but there was a collision under the basket after LBJ crossed half court. methinks he picked up his dribble subconsciously expecting a foul to be called, but there wasn't. so i guess at that point he had a couple of options: put the ball on the floor again, pretend like what just happened didn't and give it up, which he did, or just saunter around the court like Westbrook?

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I certainly miss the days of Bird and Magic, and of course Jordan. The good ol' days when you hated your opponents guts. When the stink eye was issued on a common basis.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

Edit...aw hell, maybe he didn't see it as he was looking ahead. Crap ref.

The biggest benefactor of non calls when he's on defense, and gets every single call on offense is Harden.