Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Collection of Jefferson Nickels in Dansco album

It seems to me it is still relatively inexpensive to get a collection. In your opinion, what can I expect to pay for a circulated set in decent condition? And, do you have one to sell to me?

Comments

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you looking for a full set 1938 to date, or just 1938 to 1964?

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're just after circs, 1938-1964 should be $30-$50 depending on overall quality. You can build the same set with handpicked choice & gem uncirculated coins for under $500.

mirabela
  • @privatecoin said:
    Are you looking for a full set 1938 to date, or just 1938 to 1964?

Probably to 64. I can start getting rolls at the Bank and get the rest....At least I'll feel like I did something which is the part of collecting I enjoy.

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Circulated coins grade AG to AU and will show wear at many levels on the high points of the coin. Mint state/uncirculated coins have not circulated thereby are of higher grade. Coin shows or auctions or shops receive albums of all kinds filled with coins of all sorts from people like you for a number of reasons. There are a myriad of ways a coin collection can be assembled. We all seem to start out the same way, with curiosity. But there are thousands of coin albums and folders out waiting to be rediscovered. I'm headed to a coin show this weekend and just about every time, there are partial to full sets of coins at the dealers table available to the collect.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. The only circulated that was kind of hard for me to find besides the silver was 1942 D.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc