Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

Canadian cents

I live a few hours from Vancouver...during a visit months agoI bought a Canadian cents album, went to the Bank and asked to get a couple of cent rolls. Not sure if they were allowed - but they did it anyway. Some time after that the cent stopped circulating. I find it tough to find early dates. Any ideas?

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try eBay

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

Post your want list here, include desired grade. There are several of us that also collect Canadian cents. I have several hundred duplicates for the large cent series pre-1921.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

PM me your needs list as well, if you are looking for circulated raw small-cent dates. I'm sure I can help. And maybe we can trade other Canadian coins/denominations as well while we're at it. Always looking for/to help!

-- Dave

• Need all the coins starting with 1920 and ending with 1958. (That's what the album I have covers). Once I get this completed I'll get involved with older issues. Go to start somewhere!

• @1960NYGiants said:
    Post your want list here, include desired grade. There are several of us that also collect Canadian cents. I have several hundred duplicates for the large cent series pre-1921.

The album I'm currently working on starts with 1920. I'm missing all the coins from 1920-1958. Once I get this done I'll start with older issues. Are pre 1920 pricey? I am not too concerned with grades. Circulated condition is fine with me - but just better than G4

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

you should have NO problem getting what you need with the above offers.
    when it comes to QV, I may be able to help you with low and high grades.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO, Ebay is the best place to complete your album.

For circulated mid to high grades, you won't be able to find them any cheaper than Ebay.

Good luck!

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

PM me & I'll see what I can do. If you were looking for/thru bank rolls, then you're looking for the average-circulated examples I also collect, so I should be able to help somewhat-- Dave

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might have a whitman album with 99% of those coins in it

• @bronco2078 said:
    I might have a whitman album with 99% of those coins in it

What would you charge me for the lot?

I found 2 albums one that is 1920-1988 and one that is 1988-2010

they actually aren't the albums I was thinking of the earlier album is missing 24, 25, 27 and some 1965 beads varieties

the othe other is missing some after 2000 , . I might be able to plug some of those holes though I have piles of small cents.

Let me search a bit more. where I have my loose canadian coins stowed , I feel like I have a few plastic organizers with the years separated

I'll never figure out the varieties on 1965 and 1985 even with my reading glasses on I can't tell :(

probably 20 bucks would be fine , the only issue is shipping I'm in the US and you are in Canada and it weighs 2 pounds postage might be $20 depending on where you are

If its too much a member from canada can probably help you out cheaper. Even if you don't need the physical albums postage could still be over $10