Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Lamar Jackson mania

I thought everybody might like to sneak a peak at the Lamar Jackson craze that has taken Ebay by storm. I just came from the Lamar Jackson rookie auto section of Ebay, and I wasn't quite prepared for the inferno that I encountered. Lamar is in his second season in the NFL, and has led the Baltimore Ravens to a record of 10-2 so far this year. Here is a look at some of the cards and their asking prices.🔥🔥🔥🔥

2018 Panini Contenders Cracked Ice rookie auto /24

$24,999

2018 National Treasures rookie patch

$49,999

2018 Panini Black Friday Gems

$29,999

2018 Contenders Rookie Ticket Cracked Ice

$12,999

2018 Panini Impeccable
$20,000

Comments

• Options

You thought wrong.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

The people paying that kind of cheese will be wondering what the hell they were thinking 5 years from now

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Hmmmmm...he has not won anything....

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

Asking price does not equal selling price. But yeah, I get your point. Super craze!

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

once he can no longer run, which will probably be in a few years, he will be worthless as a pocket passer...best of luck who choose to invest in this guy...

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019 6:49AM

If you're on a budget, there are a lot of other rookie cards of his that you can pick up for $1,000 - $5,000.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why anyone would pay anywhere near those prices for a player in his second year when they could purchase HOF rookies of guys like montana, rice, payton, brown, unitas etc is beyond me.

Do people really think there is any possible upward movement on any of Jackson's cards at these prices?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Find a rookie in the dollar common box. Hope he has a hot 2nd year. Sell the rookie for $20.
    Gratification for under the price of a new car. Simple economics 101.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Lamar has had an unreal year! Very fun to watch. I have not seen a QB run this much ever and probably won’t see him do it very long. The hits he is taking will definitely slow him down and he is still not a top pocket passing QB.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Lamar has had an unreal year! Very fun to watch. I have not seen a QB run this much ever and probably won’t see him do it very long. The hits he is taking will definitely slow him down and he is still not a top pocket passing QB.

Well, I'll say this, I certainly have enjoyed watching him and that Baltimore Ravens offense. It's just fun to watch. Like you said, he will definitely be slown down by the hits he takes, but it's entertaining as heck to watch him play.