Home U.S. Coin Forum

US Mint billing problem

trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
For those who order from the US mint and use their credit card, check your statement. Mine showed a double charge on my recent order. I called them up and they are aware that there have been double charge problems. I am supposed to get a reversal on the second charge. Just a heads-up. image
trozau (troy ounce gold)

Comments

• GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    In one case with my order: I ordered 4 items and returned 3; got an email acknowledging receipt and that I would get a credit. I wanted a replacement. I didn't get a credit, but got charged again for those three items, so I called. Now there is a REPLACE box, a REFUND box and an EXCHANGE fill in the blank on the US Mint invoice, and according to customer service, there is some confusion as to whether a customer wants to replace the item with a like item if they check REPLACE or do they want to do this when they fill in the EXCHANGE line. Really, this is what I was told. So I indicated that I checked replace and wanted to literally replace it with a like item, not a REFUND which I didn't check, or EXCHANGE which I didn't fill out. Anyway, I didn't get a a credit on my charge card, but a new charge and replacements, and after paying double, and making two phone calls, they agreed they DID owe me a refund for the first 3 items I returned, and so I got it, but what a fiasco. As confusing as this reply I'm trying to type. image
    Gilbert
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    You have to be careful when you hit the "submit" button at the end of your order. If you accidently hit it twice this will sometimes double your order.
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file