Home PSA Set Registry Forum

O Pee Chee baseball registry team sets

I noticed that there was a 1971 O Pee Chee hall of fame baseball set listed on the registry. I have been collecting 1970's Cincinnati Reds OPC team sets for a long time so I asked PSA if they would now accept requests for team set additions and they responded that they now would. Finally!

Comments

  • stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Very cool. I absolutely LOVE vintage O-Pee-Chee!

  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow! I wonder if they’ll now accept Venezuelan team sets!

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox, 1968 Venz Sox

  • Great news - thanks for sharing

  • Sure hope so.

    @DBesse27 said:
    Wow! I wonder if they’ll now accept Venezuelan team sets!

  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭

    I do love OPC and appreciate the scarcity.
    I have a few OPC 1971 yankees and would like to do the team set.
    Munson gulp!!!!!!

    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I picked up this 1976 O Pee Chee Pete Rose PSA 6 for my 1976 graded Reds Team set. I am down to needing one card left which is the Rawly Eastwick. There has never been an Eastwick that has ever been graded. The GPA on my set is a 8.29 which is not bad all things considered with the difficulty of this set.

  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭

    This is the only PSA 8 Bench from this set with nothing higher.

  • I've been working on a '74 OPC HOF (+ Rose) set for a few years now, so I'll need to check this out. About half of what I've collected to date are graded and the other half are raw. I'm waiting for the right time to get them graded; I have what I hope to be the first Fisk 8NQ since it's centered well enough to have a shot. My graded cards consist of two 9's (both pop 1's with no 10's), six 8's (including one SGC), one 7, one 8OC (highest graded), and two 5's. Since I began collecting this set two more players have been inducted (Kaat & Oliva) so the task has gotten even more challenging. I have a spare Luis Aparicio PSA 6 that I'll sell for $15 shipped if anyone is interested.

  • redlegsredlegs Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The very best of luck on your set. That would really be something to have the first 74 Fisk in a PSA 8

    @reelinintheyears said:
    I've been working on a '74 OPC HOF (+ Rose) set for a few years now, so I'll need to check this out. About half of what I've collected to date are graded and the other half are raw. I'm waiting for the right time to get them graded; I have what I hope to be the first Fisk 8NQ since it's centered well enough to have a shot. My graded cards consist of two 9's (both pop 1's with no 10's), six 8's (including one SGC), one 7, one 8OC (highest graded), and two 5's. Since I began collecting this set two more players have been inducted (Kaat & Oliva) so the task has gotten even more challenging. I have a spare Luis Aparicio PSA 6 that I'll sell for $15 shipped if anyone is interested.

  • I've been scouring the universe for a high-end '66 OPC Koufax. They are nearly non-existent...working on a Koufax master set and could use some help....yes, another shameless plug for my own personal benefit :o

  • @86DonrussGuy said:
    I've been scouring the universe for a high-end '66 OPC Koufax. They are nearly non-existent...working on a Koufax master set and could use some help....yes, another shameless plug for my own personal benefit :o

    You're simply going to have to be very patient and persistent in your search, which is a big part of the challenge and reward of collecting OPC baseball. As you've clearly discovered by now, OPC baseball has incredibly miniscule populations compared to Topps, especially in higher grades for the older issues like '66. I've asked members of this forum for leads on '74 OPC baseball in high grade and have come up empty so far. Ebay has been the only place where I've had any success over the past couple of years. Good luck and enjoy the hunt!

  • @reelinintheyears said:

    @86DonrussGuy said:
    I've been scouring the universe for a high-end '66 OPC Koufax. They are nearly non-existent...working on a Koufax master set and could use some help....yes, another shameless plug for my own personal benefit :o

    You're simply going to have to be very patient and persistent in your search, which is a big part of the challenge and reward of collecting OPC baseball. As you've clearly discovered by now, OPC baseball has incredibly miniscule populations compared to Topps, especially in higher grades for the older issues like '66. I've asked members of this forum for leads on '74 OPC baseball in high grade and have come up empty so far. Ebay has been the only place where I've had any success over the past couple of years. Good luck and enjoy the hunt!

    Don't look now...someone just turned me on to THIS....

    https://memorylaneinc.com/site/bids/bidplace?itemid=76031

    I've been looking for this card FOR...EV...ER. I don't think it has EVER been on the open market....at least as long as I've been looking (the '90's). It's like a white whale....you hear about it but never really ever see one!

    I'm guessing all the big money guys will take it out of us minions grasp....

  • @86DonrussGuy said:
    I've been looking for this card FOR...EV...ER. I don't think it has EVER been on the open market....at least as long as I've been looking (the '90's). It's like a white whale....you hear about it but never really ever see one!

    Wow, the timing is incredibly coincidental; perhaps the seller read your post and remembered having this card! The auction is only a couple of days old but so far there is only one bid so you still have a chance. Determining the market value of vintage OPC baseball is extremely difficult due to the low populations so it's impossible to know how high this one might go. Good luck!

  • So far so good. So long as the card stays in the four figure range I'll be happy. Too bad there's not a BIN option!

Sign In or Register to comment.