Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Deleted

ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 27, 2019 11:11AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Out of my curiosity should I keep it in it's original capsule and let it tone over the years ....... then send it in ;) ?
What do you think folks?

Comments

• Options

Not for flipping and despite all the hoopla I am blah over this coin :/ so I am thinking about handling it against all norms.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

She would probably be worth more as a bright white MS70. BUT, sometimes there's something special about a nice toned lady, lol

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    I think that these capsules tend to be pretty good for stable storage, so unless you do something to "help" it your results after 10 years should be minimal.

This!

I rarely see much in the way of attractive toning in ASE's kept in the original capsule. If you want it to tone, you'd be better off taking it out and putting it in a cardboard holder. Of course, if you end up with ugly toning, it won't help the value.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send it now to preserve it's brilliance. It could tone unfavorably and the market for these will most likely be strongest for untoned examples.

Have a happy Thanksgiving in paradise. :)

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep all my ASE in original packaging and even the box from the mint. These don’t tone quickly as long as cap is tight and storage is dry. You can also wrap outside of box with foil it keeps toning down on silver. If you think it is a 70 go ahead and grade it. But if you see anything like milk spot or anything else. A 69 is never a 70. A raw always has allure of the possibility. You decide

Kathy

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Thank you @Kkathyl ....... Happy Thanksgiving to you with a lot of <3<3<3

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice problem to have.... ;)

Either way, winner, winner, chicken dinner.... B)

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 8:45AM

Happy thanksgiving to Paradisefound!

One of my coin mentors always said 'The best time to sell is when you have a willing buyer".

Another financial guy I knew always said 'No tree grows to the sky, and every bubble must burst'.

And then in the climactic scene of 'Trading Places', Randolph Duke screamed to his brother 'Sell Mortimer, Sell!!!'.

I have never had a storage problem with the Mint-issued plastic on ASE proofs. Have owned hundreds.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

To each, her own - but if it were my decision, I don’t want to keep any blah coin in my collection!

Why not release to someone here who was so disgruntled about not getting one?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear you on the blah.....
    I've never been a fan of the appearance of the reverse proofs.....

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd leave it alone.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its all up to you. I myself wanted the special certificate slabbed since this is the first time the Mint/PCGS or or NGC are making this available for us. Its going to cost an additional close to $100.00 after all the shipping and time waiting for the final slab. I do not really care if this comes out a 69 hopefully not a 68 since I did not tell them to stop after 69. I think I got the extra gold label $5.00 charge with comes with a set of True-Views so that will be nice once I get them. Since its alot harder for me to take slabbed photos.

Any decision you do will be the right one. Really glad you got one we just need to help find one for Ricko I know he needs one. Hopefully prices will come down to reality. Ooooops ignore that statement! o:)

• Options

I am releasing it back to a group of wonderful people who made my day then and still is today. <3

@Catbert said:
    To each, her own - but if it were my decision, I don’t want to keep any blah coin in my collection!

Why not release to someone here who was so disgruntled about not getting one?

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it fails to excite you ... take your profit now. In ten years it may just be another mostly forgotten modern issue for collectors.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Kathy has great advice. And with this coin bought at cost, you can't go wrong either way. Enjoy the new Key however you think it will best fit in your existing collection.

• Options

I deleted the thread 'cause it will go to someone else home B)

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Paradisefound said:
    Not for flipping and despite all the hoopla I am blah over this coin :/ so I am thinking about handling it against all norms.

If you are "blah" about this coin, why not sell it for $1000+ and get something you are actually excited about?

If your feeling blah about this and want to really freak some people out here you could sell it to me for the mint price plus postage. That would cause a couple of flippers here to stroke out. 😄😁🤣

(Seriously, 😎 I did not get lucky trying to buy one from the mint and I would keep it, not flip it.)

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    I deleted the thread 'cause it will go to someone else home B)

Happy Thanksgiving! Hmmmm, this thread didn't delete....still going. ???
    How do you delete a thread anyway? Is it possible or is it something only the moderator can do?

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound

Don't look at the back of your 1K note! :o
    :D Great way to delete your thread, never thought of that. :D

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spend it. It'll give you something to talk about for a long time. Entertainment conversation around drinks with your friends. That's what I would do if I had one of those. But that's just me. It would be different. Sometimes different is good. It's always fun! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 10:49PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the little hydrants as well as Mrs. <3
    I am giving it AWAY just so other would have a blast ......... <3 The perceived value is the bonus <3

@Hydrant said:
    Spend it. It'll give you something to talk about for a long time. Entertainment conversation around drinks with your friends. That's what I would do if I had one of those. But that's just me. It would be different. Sometimes different is good. It's always fun! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

• Options
    edited November 27, 2019 10:28PM

Better yet ...... I am rewarding some kind and generous members with a chance to have it ..... FREE of charge <3

@Texast said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Paradisefound said:

If you are "blah" about this coin, why not sell it for $1000+ and get something you are actually excited about?

If your feeling blah about this and want to really freak some people out here you could sell it to me for the mint price plus postage. That would cause a couple of flippers here to stroke out. 😄😁🤣

(Seriously, 😎 I did not get lucky trying to buy one from the mint and I would keep it, not flip it.)

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I knew that was your plan all along. Just did. Hey, extra, extra HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

• Options

It would take many K's to get me excited ...... really really .....
    ..... so postage on the house .... this coin will find a nice home FREE of charge :)

<3

@Texast said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Paradisefound said:

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Where did it end up @Paradisefound ?

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see this thread until now. That's very kind of you @Paradisefound. I am sure there is some good karma already on its way! :)

I hope the new owners enjoys the kindness ... irrespective of its market resale value.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Loved seeing those three different species of Kalanchoe in the original post.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried so hard to get just one of these but lost out.
    I’d say be good to her.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

id keep it as is

• Options
    edited December 30, 2019 10:29PM

@Texast said:
    Where did it end up @Paradisefound ?

Just follow the trail ............. aaaannnnd this is the conclusion of the story <3 with LOVE from PF

*copied from the original give away thread

Congrats for the 70 grade *copied from @Kudbegud post of the respective thread

• Options

...... indeed

<3

• Options
    edited December 30, 2019 11:05PM

You are so correct @astrorat ..... as far as my conscience goes; it is a $65 coin I just gave away ... and hmmmm ...... along with the promise she went o:)<3

@astrorat said:
    I didn't see this thread until now. That's very kind of you @Paradisefound. I am sure there is some good karma already on its way! :)

I hope the new owners enjoys the kindness ... irrespective of its market resale value.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file