Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Clemens and Bonds Heating up??!!

I looked last night the the 84 fleer psa 10’s are trending over $700 and an 86 TT Bonds At $150 ish it seems on a psa 10. I guess the HOF anticipation has people snatching them up

Comments

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Yep...Many feel this is going to be their year and if not this year...next year for sure.

Lets face it, these guys already had hall of fame worthy careers before the steroid scandal and that is why I think many feel they should get in based on that alone. With these two guys I am on the fence. I used to take a hard line against their induction but as I mentioned, they did have great careers already before they turned to 'roids to extend their careers and this is coming from someone who totally detests Bonds.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope the scumbags never get in.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:
    I hope the scumbags never get in.

I can understand that feeling. My opinion is that Bonds and Clemons have the best and likely only shot at the Hall of all roiders as others such as McGuire, Sosa and the whole lot of them will only have to pay their way into the Hall if they want to see it.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

If Bonds and Clemens get in, the rest of the top roid guys will eventually get in. It would look hypocritical for the voters to keep everyone else out.

Mike
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

They let Bud Selig in who’s leadership encouraged the use and others suspected of using are in already as well so I say let them in and let’s not pretend they’d be the first users to get in.

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way these two, Bonds and Clemens, heat up in my opinion
    is if you toss them on an open flame. Both had Hall worthy careers
    before the drugs, yet they took them. They broke the rules so keep them
    out for life.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well...

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2019 8:24AM

I know a lot of us were fans during the peak Steroid Era. When the stories first started to come out (Boswell?), most of the fans and writers were rowing on the huge Egyptian river. My favorite line was that Steroids would make the players too “bulky” and they would lose the flexibility to play the game. That was proven to be complete BS.

I enjoyed that period of baseball. The performances were fantastic and made the game exciting. If these guys get in, it’s not like the PED issues goes away. They will still have the scarlet letter. But what they did was a very significant part of baseball history and should be included in a museum that is supposed to honor baseballs history.

Mike
  • Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

It is an interesting dynamic in that these guys gave so many of us so much joy in watching and then became blackballed Being a cardinal fan already the 98 season was the best summer of my life

• Options

@VintagemanEd said:
    It is an interesting dynamic in that these guys gave so many of us so much joy in watching and then became blackballed Being a cardinal fan already the 98 season was the best summer of my life

I remember seeing the Cardinals come into County Stadium in Milwaukee and watched Big Mac launch ball after ball over the seats and into the concourse and parking lot behind the bleachers in '98. That same year I saw Sosa and the Cubs come into County Stadium and just missed catching a Sosa dinger. As someone who spent 8 years of his life working in MLB, the '98 season was pretty incredible and one that gave me the most excitement as a fan.