Home Autographs Forum
Options

Major League Baseball Hall of Fame Autographs

Photo autographed by Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, Reggie Jackson, Hank Aaron, Harmon Killebrew, and Duke Snider! With hologram and matching COA number. Who likes it?

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019 8:02AM

Please don't take this the wrong way. When you have some free time, google "showtime memorbilia autographs". There has been a lot of uproar about them passing off forged autographs. Supposedly there is/was an Ebay seller by the name of "Sportsology2015" passing off forgeries. He is supposedly based out of Florida. Like I said, please don't take it the wrong way, I just don't want you to be in the dark about it. AutographMagazine.com did an article about "Sportsology2015". You can also google "AutographMagazine.com Sportsology2015" and the article should pop up. Like I said, you shouldn't be in the dark about it, you deserve to know what is being said about showtime memorbilia.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Note the emphasis on the word "OPINION" in the COA.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

An interesting but not necessarily matched group of players. Not sure what they all have in common (Pete Rose is an odd man out, for example).

To be honest I'd rather have individual 8x10s.

No idea on authenticity.

• Options
    CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Please do not take this the wrong way either, but those are forgeries.

• Options

I am no expert in autographs but those signatures immediately strike me as being suspect. They are just too neat and don't show differences in pressure as the pen moved across the image.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2019 7:36AM

Are you guys saying they are pre-prints of authentic sigs on the photos, or forgeries done with a pen?

• Options

@JBK said:
    Are you guys saying they are pre-prints of authentic sigs on the photos, or forgeries done with a pen?

An expert in signature authentication would have to make the call ... and I am not such a person. A local Sunday bourse dealer in my area would have been the person to ask. He was a Michigan State Trooper whose specialty was signature authentication. Unfortunately, I believe he passed away several years ago.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

The apostrophe by the A in Mantle is a a giveaway. ;)

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options

@psychump said:
    The apostrophe by the A in Mantle is a a giveaway. ;)

That's part of the number on his shirt.... :#