Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Are these world war II era notes worth grading?

CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 25, 2019 11:37AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

My great-grandfather was in the navy during world war two and brought these notes back with him. I was wondering if any of them would be worth submitting aside from the personal story behind them.

As far as I can tell these are all genuine currency notes.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

no

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are worth more for the story behind them than as stand alone collectables. I am guessing he saw Brazil before going to the South Pacific based on the notes.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

Most likely, he was on the USS Wicks as a gunners mate. He shot down a kamikaze just before it hit the ship and got a bronze star for it. I will probably put all of his things in a nice display case with the background story someday.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

The notes you show are not worth grading. They do have value as family souvenirs.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Condition is everything. Slip each into a currency sleeve until you decide how you plan to display them. Memories of a dear person has lots of value. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

No