Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1916 Babe Ruth with Herpolsheimer co. back

A 1916 Babe Ruth card with a Herpolsheimer co. back is being sold at auction. I thought everyone might like to have a look at it. I always find these types of auctions to be fascinating. It is being auctioned at RR auctions, and is already up to $92,177. I would have posted the link, but technology is not my strong suit, and I cannot dang diddly figure it out dang diddly it.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ding dang doodily.

• Options
    edited November 21, 2019 6:56PM

I've always wondered, when the auction is over, and they ship this card, how they go about it? Do they just throw that bad boy in the mail truck on top of the Piggly Wiggly coupons?

• Options

Ding darn diddly doodily.

• Options
    edited November 22, 2019 8:59AM

Well, the auction closed. It was sold for $92,177. Someone out there owns a piece of baseball history. It's amazing how much a tiny piece of cardboard with a picture on it can be worth. Of course, I know this firsthand because I have had to fight for the last valentine's day card at the store. You don't want to disappoint the lady of the house. Yes, it is true. I admit it. I have forgotten to buy my wife a Valentine's day card before. The fight for the last Valentine's day card is a vicious brawl. Here's a taste of what it's like man....

• Options

Well this thread has officially bombed. Most of my threads usually do. I guess I'll go look for that raccoon that stole my door mat last week.

• Options

Time to shut her down. Until the next failed thread, adios amigos!

• Options

This thread has been temporarily re-opened to celebrate it's 200th view.

Happy 200th!!!!

• Options

We have to have an appearance from Uncle Pecos, the only mouse who struck fear in the heart of Tom. No matter what Tom did, he just couldn't stop Uncle Pecos.

• Options

Ok, now we can officially close this thread. Thank you for your views. Have a great night.

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

:'(

• Options

@brendanb438 said:

• Options

;)

• Options

@brendanb438 said:

I'm just kidding brendan, you're always welcome here.

• Options

Well, we just had our first customer, so I guess we will re-open this thread for a day.

• Options

Just look at the crime going on these days. It's just insane..

• Options

Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I'm ready for football and feast. A Thanksgiving tradition.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I'm ready for football and feast. A Thanksgiving tradition.

Of course, when I make the trip to eat at my mother in laws, that part of the day will be called "No Thanks-giving."