Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Good to be back

SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who here started, if not hyperventilating, at least getting rather nervous, when their old password got dumped in the last few days and they couldn't log in? I don't know how it all worked for you guys, but when I entered the input your email webpage, clicked the "send a new password" link, and got a resounding nothing sent to me, I got rather nervous. Suffice it to say, I was able to contact Mark, and he was able to send me a temporary password. I'd like to thank him for his help.

It's good to be back with the rest of my coin geek brothers and sisters!!!

Post something numismatic to show that you're glad to be back with your coin geek community!

Comments

• Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too!

I just wanted to give a big thanks to Heather who helped me out as my old email was still in the PCGS system so this bogged things up on my end.

Heather is very friendly, courteous and extremely competent.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

airplanenut, I have one of those too. I found mine in a batch of world coins that I paid next to nothing for. :)

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was locked out also for a couple of days.

Interesting how an interruption of one's routine (i.e. checking for forums multiple times each day to keep up with hobby goings on) can be a cause of consternation.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took me four tries to get back in.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bad timing. Not being able to get into PMs when there are multiple deals going could be stressful.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was using the wrong email address associated with my username all weekend. Then finally figured it out, thought I was banned or something. All is good.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also just got logged in yesterday with the help of Heather, Marlene and Mark.

It should make us all really appreciate the privilege of being a part of these PCGS Forums.

Thank you Heather, Marlene, Mark and PCGS.

I love this place!

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto here.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back @SkyMan!

Went through the same.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just logged back in a couple days ago to have mine took out. Since I didn't have the same email as I did in 2003, it did no good to reset the password. I sent Heather an email and she forwarded it to Mark who set me back up. Thank you Mark!! Its good to be back, I have been here awhile lurking but decided to get in with both feet. My avatar is the first coin I bought back. I always loved the old green rattlers!

Ken
  • Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the 4th try I ignored the prefill and entered my email address. Not sure if it mattered but seemed to do the trick.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

'twas Heather that sent me the temp pword when nothing would arrive at my email. Thanks!

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

SkyMan, some here may have thought you were jettisoned to the Moon, and left no forwarding address. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Email went to junk and tagged as suspicious.

Verified server was valid, and East day after that

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    SkyMan, some here may have thought you were jettisoned to the Moon, and left no forwarding address. :)

While I realize you were commenting on me in my normal mode as being a space cadet (in oh so many ways :) ), actually, I HAVE been dealing with a lingering flu. I had been planning to do a ten day, "Fifty years ago today" this week as it is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 12 mission. It would have been extensive, so it's not really a good thing to do when one's head feels like it's filled with cotton. Maybe I'll do a "Fifty years ago (and a bit)" ten day thread later this year, or just after New Years, when things slow down around here...

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SkyMan said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

While I realize you were commenting on me in my normal mode as being a space cadet (in oh so many ways :) ), actually, I HAVE been dealing with a lingering flu. I had been planning to do a ten day, "Fifty years ago today" this week as it is the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 12 mission. It would have been extensive, so it's not really a good thing to do when one's head feels like it's filled with cotton. Maybe I'll do a "Fifty years ago (and a bit)" ten day thread later this year, or just after New Years, when things slow down around here...

Sorry to hear of your illness. Do get well. I for one will be looking forward to your "50 years ago today" post. I like your space related contributions.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I finally got back in on Monday.

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2019 4:46AM

Glad to have you back!

So far, I've only seen 3 of these in silver :)

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was locked out all of 10 minutes or so. It was as if time stood still.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to have you back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file