Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

No sleep till Brooklyn

Found this gem today.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another little treasure. Brings back memories.

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

I remember being a kid and thinking the cassette cover was awesome because the plane was really a joint. Also the info on the tail of the plane was Eat Me spelled backwards with numbers and letters.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Alas, you displayed the wrong side of the tape, in case anyone here didn't have instant recall of the song.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@doubledragon said:
    Another little treasure. Brings back memories

Alas, you displayed the wrong side of the tape, in case anyone here didn't have instant recall of the song.

Get out of my head :D

• Options

@daltex said:

@doubledragon said:

Actually, Paul Revere is my favorite song from the album.
    " I did it like this, I did it like that
    I did it with a whiffleball bat."

• Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Bonus points if anyone can name who does the guitar solo on No Sleep (without looking it up or googling it)...

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Slash? Only a guess.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

A solid guess, DBesse. Bonus points to PaulMaul this time -- Kerry King from Slayer. Quite the odd combo, death metal with rap, but likely a byproduct of both artists being on the Def Jam label. Classic album!

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CW said:
    A solid guess, DBesse. Bonus points to PaulMaul this time -- Kerry King from Slayer. Quite the odd combo, death metal with rap, but likely a byproduct of both artists being on the Def Jam label. Classic album!

And Rick Rubin producing them both.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ali baba and the forty thieves!

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to go all off topic or anything, but what set is the card from?

• Options

@daltex said:
    Not to go all off topic or anything, but what set is the card from?

Haha. I have to stop with the witty thread titles because nobody actually talks about my OP. Lol. It's from 1954 NY Journal-American.

"The 1954 N.Y. Journal-American baseball set was released at the height of baseball popularity and featured the stars from New York's three Major League teams: the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants and New York Yankees. The cards measure 2" by 4" and were distributed at newsstands with the purchase of the N.Y. Journal-American newspaper, which went out of print in 1966."

• Options

@gurban12 said:

Haha. I have to stop with the witty thread titles because nobody actually talks about my OP. Lol. It's from 1954 NY Journal-American.

"The 1954 N.Y. Journal-American baseball set was released at the height of baseball popularity and featured the stars from New York's three Major League teams: the Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants and New York Yankees. The cards measure 2" by 4" and were distributed at newsstands with the purchase of the N.Y. Journal-American newspaper, which went out of print in 1966."

While the thread did go off on a tangent, I definitely noticed the card when I first opened the thread and was sure to give it a "like". Nice find.

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@doubledragon said:

I sooo do hope that is your cassette and still gets play.

Loved Slayer too, underrated band. Thank god for my metal head older sister. I owe her much.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options

I also enjoyed ill communication. I remember I was just a middle school punk when sabotage hit MTV. Of course, that was back in the days when MTV actually played music videos.