Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Really excited for this NEWP....

...but never got an auction invoice. Got this email instead:

"I am sorry to say that we did not received your bid. We were searching for it this morning and found it on our server but unfortunately your bid was not trannsferred to our computer due due a technical problem which we could solve last Friday but unfortunately to late. Please excuse us. Attached please find the list with the prices realized.
With kind regards"

Every have this happen to you? So I have no NEWP to share.

My current "Box of 20"

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big ole oops! At least they didn't ignore you. Definitely does happen, like all the Valentine's day messages that were just delivered. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that's brutal sorry for the tough luck!

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird for sure .

Wonder if yours was singled out or if there were others as well ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird phraseology.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think English is not their first language, and they were trying to convey bad news. I also wonder if there were others - they did not know about my bid so who knows if there were others?

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

In these cases everyone loses. You don't get the coin and they don't see a higher price realized.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me