edited November 17, 2019 6:38PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

it's not even a proof with a reverse, much less a reverse proof

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

I messaged the guy too this is what he sent.

“ I’m selling what is pictured. I may have messes up the title.”

Clearly he did....

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019 6:28PM

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Asked this seller if he was selling a reverse proof or the coin shown in the photos, reply was the one in the photo.
    He claimed to correct it but didn't. Next message was "I thought it was a reverse proof"
    Clearly trying to deceive.

With all due respect, that could be an honest mistake. He doesn't seem to sell many coins. The meaning of "burnished" might have been confusing to him. He might have been taken advantage of himself.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Asked this seller if he was selling a reverse proof or the coin shown in the photos, reply was the one in the photo.
    He claimed to correct it but didn't. Next message was "I thought it was a reverse proof"
    Clearly trying to deceive.

With all due respect, that could be an honest mistake.

Could be, what with all the different finishes and such the mint is selling these days. Take a look at what the guy sells. Hint- it ain't coins.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller is not correcting his "honest mistake"

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

I sent a message back to him with a good replacement title. No change yet

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

I told them the difference between burnished & proof and that it is clearly printed on the label.
    Also told them if they are not sure of what they are listing that they should find out.

Crickets..........

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Really? The listing appears to be gone.

I think it is probably just an honest mistake.

• Options

He ended the auction claiming there was a mistake in the listing. Maybe you could edit your post where you call him dishonest?

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IN-HAND-American-Eagle-2019-W-One-Ounce-Silver-Reverse-Proof-Coin/163945710105?hash=item262bed0219:g:dbYAAOSwgsddzrz1

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    He ended the auction claiming there was a mistake in the listing. Maybe you could edit your post where you call him dishonest?

Done deal! :)

It just took pressure from other members here. ;)

• Options

@Kliao said:
    I sent a message back to him with a good replacement title. No change yet

I wouldn't change one of my listings based solely on what some anonymous eBay member wrote to me. Have you considered the possibility that someone unfamiliar with coins (like this seller, apparently) might need some time to figure things out before acting?

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Done deal! :)

It just took pressure from other members here. ;)

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Frankly, the real issue here is that the Mint has created tremendous buzz as well as tremendous confusion.

I've sold about a dozen Pride of Two Nation sets this week. Every time I pack one up, I wonder if the person buying it knows what he bought. LOL.

I mean, we've got the regular proofs, burnished coins, unc coins, enhanced reverse proofs all with a variety of mintmarks. I mean, would a non-collector know the difference between a 2019-W and 2019-S enhanced reverse proof? Would they know the difference between a 2019-S regular proof and a 2019-S reverse proof? And burnished vs enhanced...???

• Options
    edited November 17, 2019 7:10PM

Seller said "The one pictured is what I’m selling. Must have used the wrong listing forms. Just changed it"
    I waited, checked again.....I waited, checked again..... sent seller another message. No change......Crickets.....
    Then seller says "Thought it was a reverse proof" still no change to the listing.

First they used the wrong listing form.
    Second they said they changed it and didn't.
    Then they say they thought it was a reverse proof.
    Kind of all over the place with excuses without making corrections.

Just my 2 cents :)

Edited to add: Then tells another member here “I’m selling what is pictured. I may have messes up the title.”
    Add one more excuse.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is scheduled for deletion. >:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file