Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Did Anyone Buy the New Puck on 11/14/19

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody bought one of these: Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness 2019 Uncirculated Five Ounce Silver Coin just released during the ASE fiasco. This could be a hidden gem at only 154.95 ...

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I seriously doubt it's a hidden gem, I purchased my usual two via subscription.

Mark

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got one via sub, it shipped Thursday afternoon while 50,000 people whined.

It was my consolation prize after getting shut out of the ERP ASE. (I got one the next morning if you didn't read the post where I wet my pants after getting lucky... :D )

If you've never been to Idaho, they've got some great back roads if you like to road trip....

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I subscribe so yes, I got one. Shipped via Stupid Post so I'll see it in 21 days.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought they stopped those in 2012

• Options

@djm No, they are alive and well.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mintage limit 20,000. A rarity, how many should I buy.

They are impressive, just not at that premium... Of course if there was another Alaska one I would have to get it.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2019 6:25AM

20,000 is the normal limit and usually never reached. Normal mintage is around 16,500. 2016 George Rogers Clark is the key at 14,731

Oh, I forgot, yes I do have a sub for these and it was shipped last week...actually on the day it was released (Thursday)

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, by subscription. I'm in till the end on these. Both Mint UNC. and Bullion versions.

But these long series are not in my future plans. Not certain I'll be around to complete the set. Ya know ?

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Yes, by subscription. I'm in till the end on these.

Wow impressive! That's one hefty series, and to have both!!!! I missed the boat on these, didn't realize they existed until they were halfway finished. I've got some, but then I realized there were two versions of each and I wasn't going to chase them. You didgud Kudbegud.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file