Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

10 Years ago,anyone remember this?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 16, 2019 3:25PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Long time ago (decade) anyone attend this event? The Lincoln cent changed forever in this time period. What do you think? For the better or for the worse? Thanks guy's. <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not attend but I remember.

I thought it was cool.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm from Illinois and don't remember that. :/

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    I'm from Illinois and don't remember that. :/

Same here. Probably because I was just starting out collecting

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

I admit, can't recall if the convention was near O'hare or in Tinley Park, IL.? I do recall many tables selling $25 boxes of the newly Minted 2009 Lincoln Cent. At that time, I myself had collected 15 $25 boxes at face value from my local bank. I had all 4 boxes of the 4 different designs. Now, all 15 boxes are gone from my collection. Either broke open in searching or sold the whole $25 box for a profit.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't remember back 5 years let alone 10 years.

• Options

Just think, how a coin bought 10 yrs. ago can change in value. Sometimes dramatically, sometimes no change. You can say the same for Bullion. In this business, this is the key. Knowing when to buy or sell. If one has the idea to make a profit? Probably, most of us collectors, collect only to collect. A profit is not even in their radar. :)

• Options
    edited November 17, 2019 11:13AM

In my 1st. post above, I pictured a slab. All attendees were given 2 slabs of the new Lincoln Cent (Abe sitting on a log) P and D. This was from a booth from Michigan starting their own company grading coins. Does anyone know if they're still in business? It's called, Michigan Masters Numismatic Services

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file