Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

value village purchase.. signed photo and puck

grabbed these up tonight .. a signed wendel clark puck and a rob blake signed photo.. thee is a 2nd autograph at the bottom but am unsure whose it is if anyone can help..

Comments

• BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

Is the puck Wendell Clark?

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

the puck is signed by wendel clark. i just need help identifying the autograph in the 2nd photo

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the second auto:

• it is #30 which means there is a 99.999999% chance that it is a goalie

• Rob Blake was made captain after Gretzky was traded. The uniform he is wearing in your picture means it was taken sometime between the latter part of the 1995-96 season through the end of the 1997-98 season. After that, they changed the sweater & logo design.

• no one wore #30 for the Kings at the NHL level during that interval. Manny Legace had that number for L.A. during the 1998-99 season, but that is not his signature

So, your next bet is to either look for whether or not someone in the Kings organization may have worn #30 at the AHL or ECHL level; or, check which goalies in the NHL wore #30 during 1996-1998.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2019 8:57PM

i can't find any matches in the nhl for those years .. ill have to try those others .. maybe someone else will have better luck

• jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019 6:01PM

My first thought was that could be a Japanese auto. I looked up the Goalies for the 1998 Nagano Olympics (referenced on the poster), and I saw the starting goalie for the Japanese team was someone named Dusty Imoo. He apparently played for the LA Kings as well. I couldn't find an autograph of him however and I couldn't find him in a #30 uniform. Long shot but who knows. Maybe someone else from an Olympic team?

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff