Home Q & A Forum
Options

1965 Quarter Error DDO and DDR?

I was curious if anyone could help me with this quarter? I am new to collecting and have really enjoyed going through the coins i have saved for years looking for errors. Im really just looking for a clearer answer on exactly what it is and if it is worth getting graded? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is machine doubling.
    Note the "drop-down" or "stair-step" appearance to the secondary images.
    The great majority of the time thus is indicative of machine doubling.
    Also it should be noted that while examples do exist of coins that have doubling on both obverse and reverse, the odds are against it happening and such coins are fairly uncommon--- much much more so than a coin with doubling on just one side......probably by a factor of 50.

• Options

@CameronShawn said:
    I was curious if anyone could help me with this quarter? I am new to collecting and have really enjoyed going through the coins i have saved for years looking for errors. Im really just looking for a clearer answer on exactly what it is and if it is worth getting graded? Thanks for the help!

Really good images though!

• Options

Thanks so much mannie gray! I apprecaite your help.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CameronShawn

Welcome to the CU forums.

Here’s a great link about DDs and RPMs. Tons of example pics.

http://varietyvista.com/

• Options

@CameronShawn said:
    Thanks so much mannie gray! I apprecaite your help.

You're most welcome.
    Keep looking and learning!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

And please....hold the coind by the edges. The oils in your skin can cause tarnish or corrosion. ;)

• Options

Noted. I will hold the coins by the edge moving forward. Thanks for the support everyone.