Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Does PCGS offer a Registry calculator?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be interesting if it was possible to run a date/mm/grade in a registry calculator that would then provide information as to a set standing. For example, I had a couple of difficult coins to a set, this calculator would let me know my new position would be. Might come in handy before outlaying the cash on a coin. Of course, I suppose you could simply "add" the insert number into your set and then remove it but I don't like that idea really.

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options

@braddick said:
    It would be interesting if it was possible to run a date/mm/grade in a registry calculator that would then provide information as to a set standing. For example, I had a couple of difficult coins to a set, this calculator would let me know my new position would be. Might come in handy before outlaying the cash on a coin. Of course, I suppose you could simply "add" the insert number into your set and then remove it but I don't like that idea really.

Hello @braddick

@robec is correct, the "What If" feature allows you to see how a set, including its rank, would be changed by adding or replacing specific coins within the composite.

While viewing the set in question, click the "What If?" link shown below;

Help bubble shows additional information regarding the "What If?" feature;

On a coin by coin basis, you can then select individual slots then specific grades for that slot to see how your set will be updated;

Once you select a coin within the set you are viewing, you will be able to select any grade that currently has a PCGS population. When selecting a specific grade, you will see the current PCGS Price Guide for that specific coin in that specific grade.

Should you have any questions, or need assistance with your PCGS Set Registry, feel free to reach out to our team at SetRegistry@Collectors.com.

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is so cool! Thanks for letting me know- it's exactly what I was hoping for.

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:
    This is so cool! Thanks for letting me know- it's exactly what I was hoping for.

You're welcome! I'm going to close this thread as it has been answered.

If you have any additional questions, email our team at SetRegistry@Collectors.com

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager
This discussion has been closed.