Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Mail Day x 2 (with scans)

slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 11, 2019 6:39AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

So not much in this hobby gives me as much anticipation as going to the post office and picking up my returned PSA submissions. Amazingly, I had two bulk subs pop within a day of each other, so I got to open two sub packages in one week. The first sub happened to be from July and the second sub that popped was logged Oct 5! I do group subs about every other month with two or three other guys. These are the cards I had in each sub with some commentary.

July -- So, I mainly collect basketball. I dabble in baseball, but the majority of baseball that I buy, I end up selling to get more basketball. I wish I collected baseball more as either Topps is really good at producing cards or I am really good at picking their cards for grading. I went a blistering 21/21 in the baseball section of my July sub. My favorite cards from the baseball part of the July sub were the Bellinger and Bregman Action cards. I will keep probably keep one of each and sell the rest of the baseball. I was really happy with the basketball section in the July sub. The four Curry cards are my favorite cards in the sub since he is probably the number one player I collect. The Select is his USA Silver Prizm and looks great in hand. The 2012 Crusade Prizm comes from a very underrated set and is another amazing looking card in hand. The Kaboom is a case hit insert and one of Panini's more popular legacy inserts running from 2013-present. I am going for the Curry run in Kaboom, so this was a cheap way to cross one card off the list from that run. The Optic All Stars Red wouldn't be that special except that it is serial numbered 30/99 and adds another card to my Curry jersey number serial number collection. Bosh is very underrated in my opinion as a player and his refractor hitting a 10 was probably my favorite non-Curry card in the whole sub. I am collecting TC Refractors of HOFers so this was a big win for that project. The Taurasi and Morgan cards are the first cards I ever subbed from women athletes. The Morgan World Cup cards may have been the first graded, which I was surprised about because I think that is her first card and she is a pretty popular player. Taurasi is the GOAT for women's basketball IMO, so this card gets ahead of her future HOF induction. It is a pretty tough card with the all black borders.

October -- Well, the wheels came off on the baseball section of this sub :D I fell to a measly 22/25 in Gems in this one. All joking aside, the Rainbow Bellinger was a disappointment as that was one I didn't have of him in Gem for my collection. Other than that, pretty tough to complain with the results. The basketball section was pretty rough as 2 out of my 3 Curry cards got 9's. The Crusade Red /99 is especially tough as I got the 10's on the Blue in the July sub and now I will have to try and find another Red. The Threads card is serial numbered to his jersey number 30/85, so it is another nice add to that collection. While he left the Warriors since I originally bought the card, I am still very happy about the KD Black Velocity. That's probably my second favorite card behind the Curry 10.

Steve

Comments

• Options

Impressive results as always Steve! Great cards!

I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Nice sub!! Would have liked to see a little Rendon love in there with the rest of that '13 rc sub class. The Torres 698 sps are killer too. And not sure if you picked out accordingly, but nice to see a majority of your hmt55s and us300 bearing the full "w" nationals logo. Noticed very small premiums starting to be paid there as more and more collectors actively seek those out.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

Love those Deshauns!! Great sub

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Amazing as usual. Congrats.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Business as usual. Well done!!!!

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@RyanAdmirer said:
    Impressive results as always Steve! Great cards!

Thanks Don!

@artee said:
    Nice sub!! Would have liked to see a little Rendon love in there with the rest of that '13 rc sub class. The Torres 698 sps are killer too. And not sure if you picked out accordingly, but nice to see a majority of your hmt55s and us300 bearing the full "w" nationals logo. Noticed very small premiums starting to be paid there as more and more collectors actively seek those out.

Thank you. I actually got lucky with the Soto W's as I bought those cards blind in a 15 card lot on eBay. Out of the 15, I felt 14 had a chance at a 10. I have 5 left to sub, but the first 9 were the ones in this sub!!! I think the Gleyber SP is a very underrated card. I know Acuna is the "chosen one" out of this young bumper crop, but Torres is an absolute beast and plays for the Yankees. I wish his SP was vertical as I think the horizontal design turns off a lot of collectors. 2013 is quite the class between Yelich, Arenado, Rendon and Ozuna. I also forgot Fernandez was in that set until I bought a Marlins team set for the Yelich card and ran across his cards.

@Huskies11 said:
    Love those Deshauns!! Great sub

Thank you. I think Deshaun is so underrated with all the attention focused on Mahomes and now Lamar.

@skrezyna23 said:
    Amazing as usual. Congrats.

Thank you Dan. Hope all is well with you.

@JBrules said:
    Business as usual. Well done!!!!

Thanks Dave. I have been sharpening my eyes to catch up to yours.

Steve