edited November 16, 2019 8:40AM in Sports Talk

edited to add it means one game, right now. Revised vote:

Mahomes 6 votes

Brady 10 votes

Russell 9 votes

Other 2 votes

Right now, who do you choose?

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 10:01AM

Brady

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked the LSU QB.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    I liked the LSU QB.

He should make a good pro, but who knows.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Mahomes

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

Mahomes is the obvious choice, but I would take Wilson. Doesn't have as much talent around him as Mahomes and just keeps finding ways to get it done.

• Options
    TickledPinkTickledPink Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November 11, 2019 5:09AM

Tommy Boy. His team is 8-1 and he is healthy. Jimmy G. second. NE +172 ~ SF +133

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who do you choose for what? one game? season? Going forward?

If it's for one game I choose Brady. One drive Brady. One season Brady. Two seasons still Brady. Beyond that I would actually go Russell over Mahomes.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

If it's for one game I choose Brady. One drive Brady. One season Brady. Two seasons still Brady. Beyond that I would actually go Russell over Mahomes.

one game, right now.

couldn't be any closer in the voting.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:

one game, right now.

I just voted. Tied it up at 6 Brady Mahomes.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:

one game, right now.

Put my Vote to Brady then, I thought you meant going forward to start a franchise with. One game right now it’s Brady for me 100%

• Options

@perkdog said:

@hammer1 said:

@thisistheshow said:

one game, right now.

Put my Vote to Brady then, I thought you meant going forward to start a franchise with. One game right now it’s Brady for me 100%

ok perk

Mahomes 5 votes

Brady 7 votes

Russell 5 votes

• Options

Thank You 🍻

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Brady every year for me. He drives that team to win. He's the most valuable player to his team every year. As long as Brady is under center for the Patriots, they have a legitimate, 100% authentic chance of winning the Super Bowl EVERY year.

• Options

I still think the mobility factor of Wilson is something that can't be overlooked. He extends plays and has that uncanny ability of moving out of harms way just when it looks like he's going to be tackled. He's very durable, doesn't miss games and is money at the end of games.

• Options
    Billyk97Billyk97 Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

Aaron rodgers all the way :p

• Options

I'll keep a revised vote at the top of the page. If anyone else wants to change their vote, just post it.

Updated:

Mahomes 5 votes

Brady 8 votes

Russell 6 votes

• Options
    edited November 13, 2019 8:10PM

Mahomes 5 votes

Brady 9 votes

Russell 9 votes

Other 1 vote

• Options

tough question.....can you go wrong with any of the choices????? I thought it would be very close.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    tough question.....can you go wrong with any of the choices????? I thought it would be very close.

you're right.

tied again.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I voted Anthony Rendon.

Kidding. For just one game? Brady.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

Impossible to answer without more info.
    Mahomes is obviously the best QB at this time. 25 starts and hasn't had what you could
    call a bad game. A couple mediocre maybe, but basically very good to great every game.
    But if you're saying he has to win one game with the current Chiefs defense? He would be hard to pick.
    With a good defense his record could quite possibly be 25-0. Can you say that about the other QB's mentioned?
    Not hardly. Brady and Wilson do play for teams with a good defense.
    All things equal, if they all got the same defense then Mahomes would be the clear pick, and it isn't even debatable.

• Options

@Darin said:
    Mahomes is obviously the best QB at this time. 25 starts and hasn't had what you could
    call a bad game. A couple mediocre maybe, but basically very good to great every game.
    But if you're saying he has to win one game with the current Chiefs defense? He would be hard to pick.
    With a good defense his record could quite possibly be 25-0. Can you say that about the other QB's mentioned?
    All things equal, if they all got the same defense then Mahomes would be the clear pick, and it isn't even debatable.

With a good offense and defense anyone of the QB’s mentioned could be 25-0 lol

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

With a good offense and defense anyone of the QB’s mentioned could be 25-0 lol

You missed the point. Brady and Wilson do have a good offense and defense and aren't 25-0 in their
    last 25 games. Mahomes has a completely inept defense and is 18-7.
    Would Brady have gone 18-7 with the Chiefs defense instead of the Pats the last two years. Of course not!

• Options

2018 regular season stats.

The Chiefs were 12-4 and offense was ranked 1st in points scored per game, defense was 24th in giving up points.
    The Patriots were 11-5 and offense was 4th in points scored per game, defense was 7th in giving up points.

Plug Brady into that Chiefs offense and what is our record? Maybe 9-7, 10-6 at the best.
    If Mahomes had the 7th best defense to work with the Chiefs go 16-0, maybe 15-1 at the worst.

• Options

Just mention the rings since there really is no justifiable retort.

• Options

@Darin said:

The Chiefs were 12-4 and offense was ranked 1st in points scored per game, defense was 24th in giving up points.
    The Patriots were 11-5 and offense was 4th in points scored per game, defense was 7th in giving up points.

Plug Brady into that Chiefs offense and what is our record? Maybe 9-7, 10-6 at the best.
    If Mahomes had the 7th best defense to work with the Chiefs go 16-0, maybe 15-1 at the worst.

How do you figure that Brady would go 9-7 or 10-6 at best with the Chiefs Offense? Seriously what are you talking about?

• Options

@Darin said:
    Just mention the rings since there really is no justifiable retort.

Look I know your heavily invested in his cards but settle down, we all like Mahomes we just don’t give him a yellow jacket yet like you do.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Darin said:

How do you figure that Brady would go 9-7 or 10-6 at best with the Chiefs Offense? Seriously what are you talking about?

Because he would also have the Chiefs defense. I'm saying he wouldn't be able to put up as many points
    as Mahomes to be able to achieve a 12-4 record like Mahomes did. If the Chiefs had Brady for QB last year
    I'm saying the Chiefs would have been 9-7 possibly 10-6 at best.