Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Sample Collectors - what event is this from??

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or is it a "for profit" sample?

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 6:45PM

It is from a show in St. Louis being hosted by the Coin-X group. I believe it was almost entirely organized online. There is a Facebook event about it.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool - thanks. Google let me down...... :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

What coin is in the holder?

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

Based on the pop report a 2019-D Shield cent
    https://pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2019-d-1c-shield-rd/712089

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cameonut said:

@Coinstartled said:

Based on the pop report a 2019-D Shield cent
    https://pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/2019-d-1c-shield-rd/712089

Interesting, given the one imaged states it is a 2018-D Cent.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow pretty quick considering Joe from PCGS was just giving them out in St Louis. Only 200 made assuming most of the dealers in attendance received 1 FYI CoinX is the rebranded old Silver Dollar Show. It was a very successful event for many dealers

Here is a pic

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone has a spare sample....... :D

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was there and did not know that they were giving them out. Darn!

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was offered one this weekend, but the dealer wanted too much for it, $20 I think

Frank

BHNC #203

• foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭

@Lakesammman said:
    If anyone has a spare sample....... :D

See me in Baltimore this week @ Table #957.

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file