Home Sports Talk

Does anyone know what Chase Young did??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of people are saying he should be publicly hanged and Ohio State should be forced to forfeit the season, yet I can't even see where what he is accused of doing has been mentioned. Who can help??

Al H.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took a loan from someone in his family’s circle. It’s a joke

• TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a loan from a family friend and (supposedly) paid it back.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's an NCAA rule violation?

• lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

Took a loan from a family friend and paid it back. Was speaking with my dad about it and we laughed that neither of us knew this would be an NCAA violation. Not playing against Maryland which should not make any difference but who knows what the powers that be will do.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad that California stepped in to break up the NCAA tyranny.

@keets said:

It can be, yeah.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

A loan is a violation? Unbelievable. I think the NCAA allows student athletes to blink, but it must be authorized. Any unauthorized blinking could result in a spanking, and a hefty fine.

@doubledragon said:
    A loan is a violation? Unbelievable. I think the NCAA allows student athletes to blink, but it must be authorized. Any unauthorized blinking could result in a spanking, and a hefty fine.

Loans can be violations because they are often not paid back or are loans against future earnings, etc. Or they're just gifts with a different name.

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Because it has the possibility of being money funneled by booster/alumni foundations

this reminds me of the incident with OSU players several years ago which amounted to violations for selling their own possessions. I accept and understand the need for the rules but they seem way too restrictive.

though I'm not a proponent of paying these College athletes, the rules such as this one sort of push it in that direction.

• garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 6:17AM

@keets said:

A VERY outdated rule, yes.

Coincidence this crap breaks out just a few days they be #1? :| Nothing ever happened to Cam Newton.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't look now, but Joe Burrow just sneezed, and he didn't clear it with the NCAA first. I expect a full suspension coming.

Chase Young back after two games.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Chase Young back after two games.

The whole thing was ridiculous