Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My Sets summary question

When viewing the My Sets list in the registry, there is a column called Price. From what I can tell, only certain cards' costs are being tracked and that cost is populating whether you want it to or not. I find this to be very irritating - it just looks bad. Zeroing out the cost within the item's profile doesn't stick - - it always reverts back. Is there a workaround I haven't thought of? Please advise.

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

You r probably talking about the SMR price.
    That is fixed and cannot b changed.
    I always add my cost to the card when I add to he registry.
    I pay no attention to the other price.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

As we all know, SMR is the most unreliable price of anything.

I use an excel spreadsheet where I have entered the entire Composition of the set I'm collecting. Obviously if you have a couple of hundred cards in a set, you have a task to accomplish. However, I enter all data related to every card I purchase, date purchased, cost, shipping and seller info. I also color code each card...green is for cards won/purchased but not yet received, then I color the item gold when I have it in hand and then add it to my inventory. Of course I have running totals with a few simple formulas to keep track of what I've spent, and a percentile of how much of the set I have collected. Having kept rather poor stats of activities years ago, then, when trying to figure out what I had and what I paid for selling purposes, I learned my lesson! A spreadsheet tells all very easily, I highly recommend anyone who's collecting to do this.

I would think the prices you see are indeed related to SMR values...probably hard-wired by PSA thinking they're doing us a favor by tracking costs for us...useless!! I ignore that column like it isn't even there. I just looked at one of my Master Sets, that happens to be at 100% and #1 in the Registry. The cost PSA shows associated with this set is beyond laughable!!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

The auto filled prices are SMR and they’re garbage. With that said, you can overwrite them. If you only delete them, they keep coming back. But if you enter a different number, that will stay.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

FYI, I seem to review the auction prices as that will give an idea what someone is willing to pay now or just recently paid. If anyone knows of any other places to check, I'd appreciate the info also