Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Sets and special labels

I read the PCGS set rules and Ctrl-F'd for "first" and didn't see it, but does First Day of Issue or First strike or Mercanti signed labels at all impact set scores, or do all labels weigh the same?

TiA,
GhostofRudy

Comments

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019 11:41AM

I've got a few "First Strikes" and nothing changes. The only parts that change the scoring that I know of are RD, RB, BN, DCAM, and DCAM.

*Edit
    There is also FBL for Franklins and FB for Mercs and Roosies.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@BBN said:
    I've got a few "First Strikes" and nothing changes. The only parts that change the scoring that I know of are RD, RB, BN, DCAM, and DCAM.

*Edit

Right. Saw those in the rules as well. OK, thank you. I was looking at the Mercury Design Palladium sets, and the cost differential on labels like First Day 1 of 100 were a considerable amount more!

• Options

@GhosOfRudy said:

@BBN said:

*Edit

Right. Saw those in the rules as well. OK, thank you. I was looking at the Mercury Design Palladium sets, and the cost differential on labels like First Day 1 of 100 were a considerable amount more!

Hello @GhosOfRudy

As of now, no, special labels do not currently carry a higher rating than non-special labels. However, in the future, this is definitely a possible update to some of the Registry sets.

For the PCGS 2019 Quarter Quest composite, we did add bonus points for the special pedigrees and coin numbers assigned to certain coins. This was the first set of this kind and the overwhelmingly positive feedback will help us with future Set Registry updates.

Should you have any suggestions, feedback or questions regarding the PCGS Set Registry, feel free to email our team at SetRegistry@Collectors.com.

David Talk
    PCGS Set Registry Manager