Home Sports Talk

If Tom Brady and Lebron James switched sports and teams with each other...

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 5, 2019 1:55PM in Sports Talk

Positions as well

Which would have more rings today, or would they each have zero?

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking that Lebron would have a couple Super Bowl victories with the Pats and Tom would have bupkis.

edited November 5, 2019 1:57PM

...and hit like George Schmitt.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they switched bodies? Tom James would be the greatest that ever did it.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

to answer your question, I believe Lebron James is a better all-around athlete, but neither would probably succeed in the other's sport at the other's position. what is also clear is that it appears Tom Brady doesn't know how to run.

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2019 2:27PM

no comment...... this forum is getting soft.

When this thread first appeared, I think everyone was licking their chops. I know I was. Besides, Frankenstein experiments died down in the early 1940s. Everyone knows that.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see Le Bron James having success as a tight end or a receiver. His speed, size, strength and Jumping ability would make him a favorite target for QBs to throw to. Just throw the ball in his direction about 11 feet off of the ground and let him go get it and catch it at an altitude that few defensive players would be able to reach (of course he would have to have good hands and not be afraid to get hit while leaping to catch the ball).

I cannot see Tom Brady (at 41 or 42 years of age) having any success playing NBA hoops (even if he knows how to play the game). I doubt he would have the physical skill set and stamina needed to effectively play in an NBA game (as a starter who plays 30 minutes a game or as a player coming off of the bench).

edited November 5, 2019 2:42PM

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    no comment...... this forum is getting soft.

As if it was rock solid 2 months ago when you joined?

edited November 5, 2019 3:12PM

Dammit Bob, I said I'm on vacation!

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neither one could play the others sport at that level.

edited November 5, 2019 4:36PM

In all seriousness, it would probably end in disaster. Two completely different sports. Both athletes would have a heck of a time trying to play the other's position.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    When this thread first appeared, I think everyone was licking their chops. I know I was. Besides, Frankenstein experiments died down in the early 1940s. Everyone knows that.

Licking their chops? I was thinking how in hell does every random thought that pops into
    coinstartled's head somehow end up as a thread on this forum?

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:

@doubledragon said:

Licking their chops? I was thinking how in hell does every random thought that pops into
    coinstartled's head somehow end up as a thread on this forum?

Well back up Mortimer.

Been watching the Brady is GOAT debate ad nauseum. He has one talent and that is throwing the football. Does not scramble worth a damn, is not called upon to play defense and has a helmet and pads to keep him safe from that that wish to slam him to the ground.

I suppose that is true of all the modern era QB's but most are truly one dimensional. Dog Killer Vick could run with the ball as could John Elway.

Fact is, like Kareem Adbul Jabbar and Haystack Calhoun, had the right sport and position never been created, they would be working for Fedex or tallying taxes for H&R block.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

LBJ could easily have played football. However if Brady was a point guard he would have to be considered the GOAT.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

🙄

• John2000John2000 Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2019 10:52AM

LeBron could be trained up to play football, but Brady would be hard pressed to beat out the waterboy in basketball. :)

I may not know what I'm doing most of the time, but I'm Damn good at it. 😇 😈

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@John2000 said:
    LeBron could be trained up to play football, but Brady would be hard pressed to beat out the waterboy in basketball.

Did you see how good "Waterboy" was?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lebron I'd buy.... I'd sell Tommy Boy.