Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Trying to add a card to my set, but can't?

So, today I received two cards. Both cards were added to my inventory and are in fact in my inventory. Both cards belong to a Master Topps set I'm working on. Using "add best available", one card was added, but the second was not.

They are in the Composition, they're in my Inventory...what did I do, or not do to get the second card not to register in my set?

Tks

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

This has happened to me once or twice. When I contacted the set registry folks they fixed it quickly for me.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did notice that as I tried a few times to add the second card, the "add best available" did not come up as an option. It did come up on my first attempt, but I was trying to add both on the first shot. Only the one took.
    Guess I gotta call Newport Beach.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I did notice that as I tried a few times to add the second card, the "add best available" did not come up as an option. It did come up on my first attempt, but I was trying to add both on the first shot. Only the one took.
    Guess I gotta call Newport Beach.

Or email.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Well, I have to admit my error. I happen to be collecting a Master Set that has a LOT of card variations, Chrome, Refractor, X-Fractor, Gold, Gold Refractor, it goes on and on.

Well, in the subject case, I overlooked the "Refractor" part. The card I was trying to add was not a Refractor, and therefore, was not in the Composition. Gayle was polite in her pointing that out to me.

So, once you put a card in your inventory, and you are collecting a set, or sets and go to "add best available", this button will not come up if the card (though it may be in your inventory), the system does a search of the Composition of the set you are trying to update, if the card in the inventory does not match the composition, no button. Makes sense.

So, what I have to do now is request that my card be added to the Composition...problem solved.

• Options

As a fellow Sox fan, I gotta know..... who’s the player?

Yaz Master Set

• Options

David Ortiz Master Topps Set...and it ain't easy!! Lots of Turkey Reds and A&Gs, not to mention some funky oddball Chrome, no Chrome, Refractor, X-Fractor etc, etc.

I'm about a 3rd of the way there, they're all Topps, so at least I don't have to deal with Donruss, Upper Deck, etc, etc. I happen to have about 80 Topps raw cards that would grade 9s and 10s that I could easily send in then ask for the Composition inclusion, but I'll plug along with the current Composition.

I also own the Luis Tiant and Bill Lee Master Sets, listed under Teddy Ballgame...links below to see the cards in my digital sets if interested.

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/album/60813

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/album/159486

You can forget the Master Ortiz Set, 445 cards of everything under the sun.

• Options

Wow, Ortiz, like all modern stars, is a BEAR to collect! Good luck!

Yaz Master Set