Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Cool Find-Low Grade...Yes,But All Is Forgiven

1928 $2 red seals with special serial numbers are few and far between.Tough to imagine how so many folks handled/circulated this note for so long to get this low grade before it was pulled.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

a bit ratty but do like it

• Options

That is a cool serial number.

I heard before that people ripped off note corners on $2 bills in the past. Perhaps that is what happened to this particular note.

Congratulations on being its new owner.

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Very nice find.......can’t believe it circulated so much. Maybe someone kept it in their wallet for many years as a lucky charm.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2019 5:42AM

If only it was 5 bills later........ Lucky 7’s note!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2019 4:26PM

Still very cool.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@numbersman said:
    1928 $2 red seals with special serial numbers are few and far between.Tough to imagine how so many folks handled/circulated this note for so long to get this low grade before it was pulled.

So many deuces have corners ripped off.
    It's supposed to be bad luck if you handle a $2 and don't rip a corner off.
    I don't know the origin of this weird superstition...but I have wondered what a superstitious person was supposed to do if handed a $2 that already had all 4 corners torn ?
    Panic, I guess????
    Nice fancy number, @numbersman .

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

That is a great looking low ball note! I love how it is genuinely faded, in 1 piece, and no tape, or funky stuff growing on it.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Nice find!