Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

After 51 seasons, sweeeet Victory!!!

I have been an Expos/Nats fan since their first season in 1969. It feels GREAT!!!

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats and enjoy it!

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a long time Expos fan I’m not feeling anything. I can’t make any connection between this Nationals team and the old Expos.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody really gave Washington much of a chance, and they managed to beat Houston four games in Houston's own house. I have to take my hat off to the Nats.

• Options
    81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:
    As a long time Expos fan I’m not feeling anything. I can’t make any connection between this Nationals team and the old Expos.

I echo your thoughts 100%. I did say at one point last night how cool it would be if it were the Expos and Astros; with the home games being played at Jarry Park of course.

• Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:

Agreed. Ron Fairly passing yesterday was the bigger Expos news for me.

But congrats to the Nationals (and the Astros). Too bad about the Taubman incident...seemed like many outside observers rooted against the Astros because of the front office/ownership stuff.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Rock on congratulations!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having not gone through a move hard to know how I would feel. If the Cubs moved from Chicago I think my allegiance would follow at this point if my life. However if they moved as a kid it would have been different and I would never have rooted for them again.

Think continuing to follow and losing allegiance both make sense.

With the Nationals winning there are potentially three fan bases happy - Senators fans who stopped following each time the team moved and then became NatIonals fans, people who only know the Nationals as DCs team and are fans and Expos fans who continued to root for them.

For Expos fans that quit caring when they left am sure it is bittersweet.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll hafta speak louder. I can't hear you with Bryce Harper blubbering in the background.

• Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2019 2:04PM

You'll hafta speak louder. I can't hear you with Bryce Harper blubbering in the background.
    Papelbon is probably laughing his butt off rn.