Options

10/29 10% eBay Bucks offer - $25 minimum

jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI

Apmex still has Gold Eagles for $23.99 over spot that this will work on

Comments

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool! Now if only eBay had sent me the 10% offer.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019 6:52AM

It reminds me of Rockstar In the game GTA online sending players offers for what they call shark cards. For instance $20 that purchase offer brings a player $1.25 mill in game money plus a $1.75 m bonus. $3.0 m for 20 bucks. That buys a beginning player a lot especially if he just got off the plane at LSIA (LAX) with nothing to begin a new life in LS (Los Santos which is their name for LA). This week they are having double dollar payout on contact missions and high end apartments (10 car garage) 50 pct off (most expensive in game at $500 k vs it’s $1m reg price, others sale price around $200 $250k varying on locn).

Playing the game can help w depression say ones career destroyed by oil price crash / forced early retirement.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options

@messydesk said:
    Cool! Now if only eBay had sent me the 10% offer.

yeah. Again, I got it on one of my accounts but not the other.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing I need...

Nothing I want, kind of...

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

still blocking my account that has bucks to spend and got offer again on account with no bucks. oh well.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    still blocking my account that has bucks to spend and got offer again on account with no bucks. oh well.

oddly, I keep getting it on the same count. When I got it last week, I had bucks in both accounts. I spent them in the one account but this week I got it in the same account.

I broke down and spent them anyway from the other account. The Apmex gold is such a good deal that even 1% bucks + 2% CC makes it more than worthwhile to me.

True story. Friday, I stopped at the Post Office to pick up the 2 Gold Eagles I bought from Apmex during last week's 8% offer. I drove straight to my gold guy and sold them at spot. I had paid $1511. Gold had gone up about $18 during the week, so I sold them at $1505. So for the net -$6 (+gas LOL), I got $27 in cash on my CC and $100 in eBay bucks.

They just keep sucking me in.....

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had bucks, combined with purchase this morning for more bucks. Sometimes it works out.

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the offer through the app but I keep getting an error message when I try to activate it, anyone else having this problem? Usually the email offer follows the app notification by a few hours, I may just have to wait for that.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@seanq and @Flackthat I had the same issue.
    I finally was able to activate it from the link on this forum:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13491193-10-ebay-bucks-10-29-10-30-ymmv-targeted-by-account

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@blitzdude said:

oddly, I keep getting it on the same count. When I got it last week, I had bucks in both accounts. I spent them in the one account but this week I got it in the same account.

I broke down and spent them anyway from the other account. The Apmex gold is such a good deal that even 1% bucks + 2% CC makes it more than worthwhile to me.

True story. Friday, I stopped at the Post Office to pick up the 2 Gold Eagles I bought from Apmex during last week's 8% offer. I drove straight to my gold guy and sold them at spot. I had paid $1511. Gold had gone up about $18 during the week, so I sold them at $1505. So for the net -$6 (+gas LOL), I got $27 in cash on my CC and $100 in eBay bucks.

They just keep sucking me in.....

Nice, some call that work but to me that sounds like a gift. Well played.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:
    https://slickdeals.net/f/13491193-10-ebay-bucks-10-29-10-30-ymmv-targeted-by-account

I didn't receive the offer but the link above worked for me.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

Thank you - got the email a few minutes ago before I saw this and I'm in.

Sean

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it. Thanks.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019 10:44AM

My listing
    $17 over spot after bonus bucks

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

@derryb said:

My listing
    $17 over spot

Net of eBay bucks, I assume.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:

@U1chicago said:

I didn't receive the offer but the link above worked for me.

Said I was ineligible. I did get the last 8% bucks offer and used it a lot. :D

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

My listing
    $17 over spot

$110 over spot. The deals others are posting are $20-$30 over spot before the discounts.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@derryb said:

My listing

$110 over spot. The deals others are posting are $20-$30 over spot before the discounts.

I don't know how (or why) Apmex does it, even with their discounted rates.

Actually, I'm not sure how @derrby does it even at the slightly higher price point. Am I the only one who pays 8.6% total fees? LOL

• Options
    DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

Well I’ve stiffed two weeks in a row now. I tried the link above and was stiffed again, no go.

I’m being punished again. Now I have to spend my bucks and get the 1%.

🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had the error message too but later signed in and it worked. Looking for something to grab with this offer.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought 1, but was charged tax. Texas is a no tax on bullion, so I will work on it in the am

• Options

@mustangmanbob said:
    I bought 1, but was charged tax. Texas is a no tax on bullion, so I will work on it in the am

Catch-22. You get the bonus bucks because Apmex doesn't list it under bullion, so eBay's bot doesn't know it's bullion.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file