Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Question for the currency error people.

From a clueless coin guy, are these worth keeping? I've had them for ages.

Ink smear:

Misaligned third printing:

Also, are the series 1995 $1 notes from FW with small 295 worth anything? I've got 3 of those that I pulled from circulation back in the 90's.

Collector, occasional seller

Comments

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

From another clueless coin guy, but with printing credentials, The 80 # bill
    shows the out of registration west to east error and is a criditical mistake
    in production.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ink smear and out of registration errors are minor in nature so of some, but low, interest and value-sort of like a coin with a small cud or filled die error. The FW295 notes are perhaps more comparable to the 1960D small date cent. Legitimate variety whose greatest popularity was shortly after it's issue, perhaps worth a little premium.

I'd value the three illustrated notes at $10-$15, retail.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    The ink smear and out of registration errors are minor in nature so of some, but low, interest and value-sort of like a coin with a small cud or filled die error. The FW295 notes are perhaps more comparable to the 1960D small date cent. Legitimate variety whose greatest popularity was shortly after it's issue, perhaps worth a little premium.

I'd value the three illustrated notes at $10-$15, retail.

Thanks for the info!

Collector, occasional seller