Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Registry pro's come in- query on adding cert into master set profile

Trying to add an item to a master registry that's not currently in it. Has plenty available so its not an issue of too little to be added in to a master set. It shows in my inventory but I see its not in the master player registry I'm trying to move it into.

How do I go about getting the cert added and what email do I send the request thru ??

Thanks for the help-
Jeff

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the item?

Generally speaking it must be part of a set that's listed in a publication of some sort or you will have trouble getting it added.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2019 12:40PM

1998 PACIFIC INVINCIBLE #14 NOMAR GARCIAPARRA PLATINUM BLUE

Easily available in tons of packs just doesn't appear in the Nomar Master Registry despite being a playing year item

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2019 2:24PM

You have to click “start this set”...once you do scroll down to “report cert that should match this composite”, click on that...then on the top click “add slot”...then input the cert # and it sends an email to PSA set registry....it should be added within a week. I’ve had to add a ton of cards to the sets I’m working on and have never had a problem. Once the new slot is added, your card may or may not show up as being included in the set. Keep an eye on it as you may have to add it again.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options

Thanks Gemyanks10 very handy-- entered quite a few easily available inserts to get updated ;)

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it would be nice if they would add applicable items to the appropriate registry composites as they were graded, but here's how it goes:

• Request registry set to be created
    • All applicable items graded up to that point are added and set is created
    • Request addition one-by-one after that by a participant of that registry set
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2019 2:56PM

@jeffv96masters said:
    Thanks Gemyanks10 very handy-- entered quite a few easily available inserts to get updated ;)

Not a problem man. It took me awhile to figure it out. I didn’t want to start the set in order to report the missing cert, but what I found out just playing around is that if you don’t want to start the set and list it on the registry page, after doing your “missing cert work”, you can simply go to your “sets” page and delete it by clicking the red trash can icon next to the set name. This allows the set to go back to your “sets to be started” list. I don’t like adding sets for public view until they’re done for a few different reasons, but that’s a whole other topic haha.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will take more than a week to get a new slot added. They have to research and determine it is viable to be added, which based on my experience takes about a month or two. Adding a cert to an existing slot is much quicker and generally complete in a few days.

• Options
    edited October 25, 2019 4:01PM

@maddux69 said:
    It will take more than a week to get a new slot added. They have to research and determine it is viable to be added, which based on my experience takes about a month or two. Adding a cert to an existing slot is much quicker and generally complete in a few days.

The last couple I've done, one batch took a week, the other a day. They're back to much faster than it was a few months back. Even one that was initially declined only took a half day once I sent further info on it. Prior to these recent ones, I'd had some take up to 6 months.

• Options

I had 4 eventually need entry only 1 that "might" have issues getting into the master registry is below
    Plenty available for more people to obtain- IF they can fight the set collectors - 24 total so 22 more available ( I own 2)
    The other 3 are all base items with tons available so shouldn't be an issue

Headache boy is below

• Options

@maddux69 said:

Negative....

• Options
    edited October 27, 2019 11:34AM

Do I keep checking to see if its entered or does the system send an auto-generated email once its added?
    Sorry just trying to keep track of what I have to keep track of :s

Jeff

• Options

Auto email

• Options

Thanks !!

jeff

• Options

Put the 6 requests in Sat 26th- all 6 updated today. So 2 business days . I'm happy can enter them and move on to other projects :#

• Options

@jeffv96masters said:
    Put the 6 requests in Sat 26th- all 6 updated today. So 2 business days . I'm happy can enter them and move on to other projects :#

Yeah they’ve definitely gotten quicker with adding slots to sets. Glad it happened fast for you....to add on to this with a slightly different topic....

I’m currently working on 3 different player super sets...which is basically any card ever created of a player. I used to think the set registry checklists were a good indication of what’s out there, but they do have a lot missing. As Kyle mentioned above, the checklist only represents what was graded up to the set being requested. Is there a good place to find what’s out there for each year of a players cards? Baseballcardpedia is ok, but it has some errors....

• Options

@Gemyanks10 said:
    Is there a good place to find what’s out there for each year of a players cards? Baseballcardpedia is ok, but it has some errors....

Probably not what you want to hear, but I don't think a single source exists. A combination of Beckett, TCDB, pop report, COMC, eBay, and a few other sites gets you pretty close, but none are 100% perfect. When the manufacturers can't even get their own checklists correct for current year issues (yes, Panini, I'm talking to you), I don't know how any other source could be expected to cover them all without errors.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@Gemyanks10 said:
    Is there a good place to find what’s out there for each year of a players cards? Baseballcardpedia is ok, but it has some errors....

Probably not what you want to hear, but I don't think a single source exists. A combination of Beckett, TCDB, pop report, COMC, eBay, and a few other sites gets you pretty close, but none are 100% perfect. When the manufacturers can't even get their own checklists correct for current year issues (yes, Panini, I'm talking to you), I don't know how any other source could be expected to cover them all without errors.

Good to know...I’m just OCD, and would love a clean-cut comprehensive list of every card issued of said player each year haha. I’m suprised it doesn’t exist, but kinda figured you would chime in with the right answer.

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters said:
    Trying to add an item to a master registry that's not currently in it. Has plenty available so its not an issue of too little to be added in to a master set. It shows in my inventory but I see its not in the master player registry I'm trying to move it into.

How do I go about getting the cert added and what email do I send the request thru ??

Thanks for the help-
    Jeff

Is availability really a criteria for getting something added to a master set? It looks to me like it only takes 1 graded example to get something added!

• Options

@ssollars said:

@jeffv96masters said:

Thanks for the help-
    Jeff

Is availability really a criteria for getting something added to a master set? It looks to me like it only takes 1 graded example to get something added!

IIRC, there have to be more than 3 copies made to get it added to a Master, so no 1/1 or 1/3 type items, but there only has to be one graded to get a card added.

• Options

@Gemyanks10 Considering the 7 decades worth of Topps deliberately not giving proper checklists😒😒 I've come to rely on myself. I tend to learn the issue I need to collect then use networks of collectors to build my own checklists. I've got my network of box breakers, player collectors, error and variations experts, and general OCD card collecting nerds I can rely on. Any business that provides checklists no matter who they are tend to rely on card companies initially then vary those checklists over time. Tends not to work for me.

@LarkinCollector you are indeed correct. I asked Gayle ( she's the set registry coordinator) directly . She said " Cards with a print run of 1-3 will not be a required item in a player set. The minimum print run must be at least 4." So I'll go with Gayle since she coordinates it right now. They added all them in fast which was nice !!

The answer of course was specific to a competitive Player Master set so I'll qualify that her answer was that. They do allow cards with less than that to be added she said, however those items are not required nor are they considered in the "competitive" aspect.

Jeff