Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Nice Victoria Jamaica Penny, 1899

7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 23, 2019 8:23PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Here is a coin recently purchased for the princely sum of 18.00 USD plus shipping -- Although I love all the old Thalers and fancy New World 8 Reales, and all quite beautiful, I thought I would toss this one out there. In its own way, it hangs on in there with the best of them IMO:

This is actually a pretty scarce-in-condition coin as well, so there are nice bits out there reasonably priced for those still looking...I apologize in advance for the poor quality photos that do not show the wonderful lustre of this coin that is without major defects and fairly well struck despite the pineapples not being quite full.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

Love that design.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pick up!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sufficiently old enough to be worth the effort.
    Love the rev crest details. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, thanks. I think I will triple my costs by getting it graded. I will guess a 63 as I have an 1882 and 1890 in 63, a 1869 in 64 and a 1895 in 65+, this one is very similar to the first two. Lustre does not show well in this coin but it is excellent for an old CuNi coin that is totally original and unmessed with. Strike is slightly disappointing on the obverse but no wear.
    Overall, a cheaper coin that I like a lot - more than some I have that certainly cost a lot more.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.