Seems to be a pattern.

Lienart
Leaf
Mariotta
Luck*
Rosen
Harrington

Add your own.

Luck was pretty good but never lived up to the lofty expectations.

Maybe it is just that the conference is not very good.

Comments

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say Luck lived up to the expectations. 40 TDs one year, 39 another. 171 TDs in 5-1/2 seasons. He was an elite QB, as was expected.

Every conference has its share of guys who didn't live up to the hype.

And guys who did, like Pac 10 QB Aaron Rodgers.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

Aikman worked out ok as did Aaron Rogers. I won't spend any more time thinking about it.

The Pac 12 is down this year but not sure we can generalize that their QBs have any more of a pattern than any others.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Luck had 53 wins for Indy vs 186 for Payton. Fell way beneath the hype.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

USC has a long history of failed QB’s in the NFL, outside of Carson Palmer I cant think of any that successful. Luck had some good seasons, had the Colts not screwed him around when he not got hurt he might still be playing

• Options
    edited October 20, 2019 3:06AM

@Coinstartled said:

Sandy Koufax had 165 wins. Don Sutton had 324. Sandy fell way beneath the hype.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    USC has a long history of failed QB’s in the NFL, outside of Carson Palmer I cant think of any that successful. Luck had some good seasons, had the Colts not screwed him around when he not got hurt he might still be playing

The list of injuries that Luck had is ridiculously long. Major, major injuries. Hard to blame the guy for retiring.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@Coinstartled said:

Sandy Koufax had 165 wins. Don Sutton had 324. Sandy fell way beneath the hype.

Didn't see much hype regarding Koufax early in his career. In fairness baseball has no equivalent of college football to promote a player as great before they have joined the NFL.

• Options

PAC 10 milk duds I'd be interested in...