Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Shops between NYC & Cape Cod

P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2019 6:26PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm driving from New York to Cape Cod during the day tomorrow. Are there any coin shops not too far off I-95 or I-195 that'd be worth popping into? If it matters, I'm currently working on a Basic US Type set (all PCGS), and am less than 50% complete.

Thanks

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

Comments

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are near Falmouth on Cape Cod, Falmouth Stamp & Coin is a good shop:
    https://www.coinsandstamps.com/

• In Westport CT, Sam Sloat Coins is only a couple minutes off 95. Valley Coins in Seymour might be a little out of the way, off Rt 8 about halfway between Bridgeport and Waterbury. Guilford Coin in Guilford is close to 95, I visited once and have bought a few things from them on Ebay over the years. Not sure if you will be passing Weymouth MA, but Pilgrim Coin has a good reputation as well.

Not coin related, but if you are in CT and see a sign for Nardelli's sandwich shop, it's worth a stop. You will be passing one at exit 40 on I95. There are a few others along 91 and 84 as well.

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NewEnglandNotes said:
    In Westport CT, Sam Sloat Coins is only a couple minutes off 95. Valley Coins in Seymour might be a little out of the way, off Rt 8 about halfway between Bridgeport and Waterbury. Guilford Coin in Guilford is close to 95, I visited once and have bought a few things from them on Ebay over the years. Not sure if you will be passing Weymouth MA, but Pilgrim Coin has a good reputation as well.

Not coin related, but if you are in CT and see a sign for Nardelli's sandwich shop, it's worth a stop. You will be passing one at exit 40 on I95. There are a few others along 91 and 84 as well.

Good info. I agree with sam sloat. Guilford coin is pretty good too but I'm not a huge fan of them so I've only been 2-3 times.

Collector's Coin Shoppe is in East Lyme off of exit 74/75 on 95. Nice little town with some good restaurants right on the water with a nice boardwalk.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

ill second the Nardellis stop if you can

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file