Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

John Quinn/ "Money Makes the Mare Go" set Civil War tokens (Finest known) Q. David Bowers Collection

Hey gang,
Going to offer this marvelous, top pop set of iconic NY Civil War tokens from the Q. David Bowers Collection. $3200, shipped or best offer

John Quinn, brass PCGS MS65

Great toning on this remarkably preserved specimen.

John Quinn, copper PCGS MS65

Blues and magenta mix evenly over this mark free gem!

John Quinn, white metal (Unique) PCGS MS63

This was the subject of a recent thread of mine, where the anomaly in the center has been dubbed the "crotch comet." It has also been affectionately compared to "Paul Revere riding a cruise missile." What ever you see, take a good look for this is the only one known in white metal.

John Quinn, copper-nickel on a slightly bigger planchet, R9 PCGS MS66

May be the crown jewel of the set. Mr. Bowers surmised that this may be a specimen strike of some sort as it comes from a slightly larger, thicker planchet. Certainly not the kind that would be used for a US Cent of the same composition. Just a lovely pristine token that makes you wonder where it's been the last 156 years. I was going to keep this one as part of a Box of 20, but it belongs with the others.

John Quinn, brass double struck 10% off center (Unique) PCGS MS64

Just an amazing piece that is as eye appealing as it is dramatic!

These tokens were struck by William H. Bridgens, using his popular "Money Makes the Mare Go" reverse die.
They all come from the storied collection of Richard Rossa (of the firm, Rossa and Tanenbaum.) Mr. Rossa put together the finest CWT collection from New York ever assembled. The collection was sold to Q. David Bowers, where it remained in his personal collection for a very long time.
These are the very best of the best, and they are slabbed with PCGS' commemorative Q. David Bowers Reference set label.

I'd like to sell them all as a set, for splitting them up seems as wrong as adopting one child and leaving his siblings at the orphanage.

$3200, shipped

If at the end of this week, no takers on the set I will entertain offers on single pieces on a first come first served basis. Please let me know early if something interests you.

Thank you for looking!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
"Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Comments

• Options
    FHCFHC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭

Wow!! Nice set!

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia

• Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Sweet, GLWS!

BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comments!
    Still available

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia