Home Precious Metals
Options

$2000 Palladium

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2019 11:15AM

@streeter said:
    Mr Poole, wouldn't those two factors make the USD appear stronger & drive the price of metals lower?
    I'm confused.

Thawing of trade tensions means dollar no longer needs to be a safe haven. It also means the global economy could pick up thus hopefully putting an end to negative rates. These are the 2 main factors that are causing the dollar to decline vs other currencies.

Didnt mean to answer for Dpoole. Apologies if ive stepped on toes.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:
    Mr Poole, wouldn't those two factors make the USD appear stronger & drive the price of metals lower?
    I'm confused.

The price of the metals called precious
    We watch with a mien keen and breathless
    While we try to surmise
    When their prices will rise:
    An endeavor both useless and feckless. ;)

@cohodk said:
    Didnt mean to answer for Dpoole. Apologies if ive stepped on toes.

Ouch! :D

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry coho your response wasn't much of an answer. The global economy, tariffs & negative interest rates are irrelevant in the pricing structure of Pd.

Politics aside, if you had a LOT of excess under performing money what major investment grade vehicle would be stronger than the USD? The euro? Yuan? At least with the USD you theoretically get 2-3 pts. If there was a trillion dollars at stake with the USD at the end of a year you get 1.02T. With the Euro you receive .98T. As for 'investing' in Yuan, I'm reminded of that old saying. Two planes at the airport. The plane with the shortest wait time to board is the one made in Beijing. (Although Boeing has made that quip obsolete)
    The 'trade war tariffs' have nothing to do with the price of Pd. Just short covering & short supply.
    China's demographics will soon create more problems than the tariffs. 200 million fighting age men without marriage partners. 600 million who have never seen a doctor. A missed generation of children because of the 'one child' policy that can take care of two parents. Remember, there is no SS in China so taking care of parents falls to the child. China is about to get old very quickly.
    Coho, in response to your statement that 'the thawing of trade tensions means the dollar no longer needs to be a safe haven'. The two have no correlation. There is no 'thawing' & will never be. We are at war economically. If a phase 1 means that there is a thawing of tensions, I would postulate that is just smoke & mirrors. We are in this game to the bitter end. We do have the ace in the hole. The US has natural resources that China only wishes it had. We don't have all but we have energy & food in abundance. China doesn't.
    Merry Christmas.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2019 9:47AM

Don't worry coho your response wasn't much of an answer. The global economy, tariffs & negative interest rates are irrelevant in the pricing structure of Pd.

Your question was why the dollar wasnt stronger. If thats what you think then you will alwyas be confused. You dont even know what you dont know. Sad.

So your rant about China is why the dollar isnt doing what you thought it would do? Great stuff!!

You talk about possible events in the future having impact on todays pricing. No wonder you are confused.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I was certainly no fan of Palladium but congrats to those of you who stacked some. Barring any major change in the next 2 days it looks as if you have won the year!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't jump in this board very often, but why hasn't a catalytic converter manufacturer switched some production back to platinum to at least bring these two in alignment. Platinum is the better catalyst, it just got too expensive so they switched. I'm sure tooling costs are an issue, but the balance has been whacked for a while. Do they really believe electrics will be here fast enough that they can't justify the switch?

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shorecoll said:
    I don't jump in this board very often, but why hasn't a catalytic converter manufacturer switched some production back to platinum to at least bring these two in alignment. Platinum is the better catalyst, it just got too expensive so they switched. I'm sure tooling costs are an issue, but the balance has been whacked for a while. Do they really believe electrics will be here fast enough that they can't justify the switch?

electrics are never going to work on a large scale.

just another economic shell game with a side of virtue signalling

Its like recycling , separate all your trash then we dump it all in the same landfill. Feels great don't it ? :D

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

⚠️ Market Alert ⚠️ Gold over $1,548 | Silver over $18.15 | Palladium over $1,985.

Life in PM land is strong.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's trying to break 2,000

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

$1992 as of this writing seems this stuff is always up as of late.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

Could the title of this thread please be changed to $2020?!

• Options
  • Options

⚠️ Market Alert ⚠️ Gold at 7 Year High | Silver over $18.40 | Palladium Passed $2,000

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for posting the chart.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    1. It just won’t quit. 😬
  • Options

I tend to keep the reverse proof palladium eagle handy as I continue to be happy staring at the Eagle side which I believe is stunning.
    And for some reason, as palladium spot continues to rise, it becomes even prettier.

• Options

From CNBC today:

Palladium was up nearly 2% to $2,024.64 an ounce, after hitting an all-time high of $2,031. The industrial metal added 53.93% in 2019, and is expected to remain in high demand this year.
    "It (palladium) seems to be unstoppable. Many market players are of the opinion that the market will remain severely tight, and that's the main driving force for prices," Commerzbank analyst Daniel Briesemann said.

• Options

It seems that they can't manipulate it given the slim availability.

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

I purchased some about ten years ago; looks good!

• Options

$2049 now. Insane.

• Options

Rhodium is up $700 today alone!

• Options

Scratch that. Rhodium is up a grand today alone! 6,000 to 7,000 in just a day. That’s just crazy.

• Options

$2100 palladium!

• Options

WOW

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't count your chickens too soon. You only make a profit when you sell.

thefinn
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

palladium!

are the initial premiums on a dollar markup basis for the palladium eagles still there right now?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Good question. I do see that the reverse proof in an NGC holder sold from Pinehurst the day before yesterday below 2100.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems the premiums are getting narrow with the rise in spot price.. I've seen a few in PCGS PR70 First Strike holders going for about $2300

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2150 !!!

• Options

It seems to be going nowhere but up. I wonder how high it will go?

• Options

I wish I had kept mine! :'(

• Options

another green day

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

Does anyone know if the price of platinum relative to palladium is at 50 yr low?

• Options

I know! Platinum isn't even half the price of palladium. It's crazy how they have changed roles...

$2175 as I write this. Just insane!

• Options

more green

• Options
    edited January 14, 2020 3:59PM

Mas verde, fer sure.
    Just a steady rocket burn up.
    The Mint might be in a position of updating Price daily. ;)

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even Platinum's up. $1,009. First time it's topped $1000 in a couple of years.

• Options

$2248. Unstoppable apparently.

• Options
  • Options

Pd On a vicious tear as the other metals slowly ascend (cept Rhodium) What a treat!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

They go up because they feel like it. They go down to hurt my feelings.

Pd goes up because I don't own any. It goes up to hurt my feelings. :)

You talk about possible events in the future having impact on todays pricing. No wonder you are confused.

Isn't the stock market a forward indicator of the economy, based on future expectations? At least that's what they used to teach in business school. I suppose that can be modified these days to "isn't the stock market based on expectations of more Fed money creation?"

Pd currently @ $2,264 - up $44 on the day; Pt currently $1,033 - up $14 on the day.

One of these seems like a no-brainer, and I don't mean Pd. Maybe it's just wishfull thinking, but it does look like some kind of market dislocation or market imbalance to me.

Gold @ $1,555.90 and moving up. We live in interesting times.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

$2366. I’ve never seen such movement.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2020 7:17AM

$2,143.00 - There's something weird going on. A $100 buy-sell spread. Yikes.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited January 16, 2020 7:24AM

$2,247/$2,347 now.

Kitco must've been messed up.

Looking at the chart, there has been some extreme volatility this morning.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

That's something I've wondered about, Kitco vs APMEX for accurate, up to the minute pricing...
    I use APMEX, I've heard they are more accurate. Does anyone know why they are so vastly different at times?

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where ya @ Ashland, PD up almost $150 today.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Kitco:

Bid $2,395 / Ask $2,595

Crazy stuff.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Yep! >:) $2400!