Home Sports Talk
Options

Russell Wilson

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

2019 MVP?

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, but would you believe he's looking up at Dak Prescott when it comes to QBR?

@bronco2078 please pontificate por favor :D

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like wilson , but mahomes still has an edge , unless the carnage continues a few more weeks .

What about pats cast off Jacoby Bressett ? not stats wise but , losing Luck at the beginning of the season and the team is doing fine with the backup is kind of a big deal

• Options

If there was an MVP in his own mind award it goes to AAron Rodgers

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

NOBODY is a bigger fan of Rodgers than himself

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too early to tell, but Wilson is a great player.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Wilson is the only reason the Hawks are 5-1. Semi-bad defense, terrible special teams, porous O-line.

Yes, a long way to go, but he always seems to find a way to keep games close, and he's tough as nails in crunch time.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

Wilson , barring a shortened career is HOF material , and probably has a future in action movies .

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

He just has that knack for eluding would be tacklers and making the play. As cool as he plays, I wouldn't want to be sitting across the table from him at a poker game.

• Options

Watson has been really good

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prescott is another Romo………..great stats...…..NO RINGS!!!!

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

As of today - 1) Russell Wilson, close seconds Christian McCaffrey, Deshaun Watson, and Patrick Mahomes

• Options

Christian Mcaffrey is on a different level, that kid is legit unbelievable. It’s like he both runs for a TD and catches a TD every game, the best dual threat RB in the game

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Christian Mcaffrey is on a different level, that kid is legit unbelievable. It’s like he both runs for a TD and catches a TD every game, the best dual threat RB in the game

Cook looks good too! Higher average per carry but not used as much in the passing game.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@perkdog said:

Cook looks good too! Higher average per carry but not used as much in the passing game.

He is playing well for sure, he has caught some balls as well but definitely not as much as he could if Cousins would check down more often. . Mcaffrey though is really a step above everyone right now in my opinion.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@perkdog said:

He is playing well for sure, he has caught some balls as well but definitely not as much as he could if Cousins would check down more often. . Mcaffrey though is really a step above everyone right now in my opinion.

Cousins gets ripped by his WRs when they don't get the ball because Cook gets to run with it.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@perkdog said:

Cousins gets ripped by his WRs when they don't get the ball because Cook gets to run with it.

And lucky for the Vikings they did rip him, now he is given Thielen and Diggs back to back big games. They should rip him more often, the guy all of a sudden wants to get them involved after a pathetic start where they got pretty much nothing then when he gets lit up by them does he actually do something about it. Cooks could still get some check downs

• Options

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@perkdog said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@perkdog said:

And lucky for the Vikings they did rip him, now he is given Thielen and Diggs back to back big games. They should rip him more often, the guy all of a sudden wants to get them involved after a pathetic start where they got pretty much nothing then when he gets lit up by them does he actually do something about it. Cooks could still get some check downs

The Eagles defense let Diggs burn them several times, he was wide open behind everybody on at least 4 occasions. Cousins can throw a nice deep ball if he has time. Philly is very tough against the run.

Zimmer likes to run the ball. I'm betting Cook (if he doesn't get hurt) will be one of the top rushers in the NFL this year, and he catches the ball well to.

Receivers should get open and quit crying, they caught all kinds of passes for a bunch of yardage last year and we missed the playoffs.

GO DALVIN!

• Options

I’m pro Dalvin btw, he is my best RB on my fantasy squad. Got him in the 2ND round Believe it not

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

Ryan Braun says hi! 😉

• Options

@artee said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

Ryan Braun says hi! 😉

They are feuding though I thought? Over Braun lying about steroids after Rodgers stuck his nose into it defending him?

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2019 6:16AM

@perkdog said:

@artee said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

Ryan Braun says hi! 😉

They are feuding though I thought? Over Braun lying about steroids after Rodgers stuck his nose into it defending him?

Just like every other perfect couple! Still think Rodgers should have paid that fan his pay check. The fact he doesn't honor his bets speaks volumes about his character.

• Options

@artee said:

@perkdog said:

@artee said:

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

Ryan Braun says hi! 😉

Just like every other perfect couple! Still think Rodgers should have paid that fan his pay check. The fact he doesn't honor his bets speaks volumes about his character.

Agreed. He thinks he is above stuff like tyat, can’t stand the guy

• Options

Usually I wait until game 8 to make future bets, but this thread helped motivate me to take the Seahawks at 9 1/2:1 to win the NFC. Not the SB.

• Options

@hammer1 said:
    Usually I wait until game 8 to make future bets, but this thread helped motivate me to take the Seahawks at 9 1/2:1 to win the NFC. Not the SB.

I think Seattle is a solid bet

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m pro Dalvin btw, he is my best RB on my fantasy squad. Got him in the 2ND round Believe it not

He should do well this week against the Lions, who have trouble stopping the run.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@perkdog said:

He should do well this week against the Lions, who have trouble stopping the run.

🤞

• Options

If Seattle can’t resolve their pass rush issues, it’s wont matter. They do get Jarran Reed (10.5 sacks) back this week, which should help out Clowney, who’s double teamed on most pass plays.

Dave

• Options

@Dave99B said:
    If Seattle can’t resolve their pass rush issues, it’s wont matter. They do get Jarran Reed (10.5 sacks) back this week, which should help out Clowney, who’s double teamed on most pass plays.

Dave

take the bennett the pats refuse to play , we need some towels for the locker room and salary cap space

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    yes, but would you believe he's looking up at Dak Prescott when it comes to QBR?

Sorry I buried the lede . QB rating is a pencil neck geek stat that means very little.

How many times you watch a boring game then find out later the QB on one team had a super high QBR and you barely notice it?

All QB stats are full of shit anyway. How many QB's last week credited with an INT that was a perfect pass and the receiver slapped it into the other teams hands? That counts against the QB because how would you hang it on the guy that actually caused it? You would need to invent a stat just for that. Its a drop that was caught by the enemy. Counts as an INT even if it was a perfect throw. Beat up the QB when he did nothing wrong. How about the 1 yard throw that the guy runs 99 yards for a TD ? What an arm on that guy!!!! he threw a 100 yard TD !

Every game is a tree falling in the forest , if you see it you don't need stats and if you didn't see it and you are not the owner of one of the teams it may as well have never happened.

Everyone in here is a fan , only games they see mean anything the rest didn't happen . You and I don't need stats at all we are not trading for anyone or signing any paychecks from our own funds , we are just here to enjoy the game. We don't actually need a method of comparing two players to each other at all .

Its like all this stupid GOAT talk , it doesn't matter to anyone here who was the GOAT at anything. When I say it doesn't matter I mean my car will still start tomorrow , when I turn the thermostat the house should warm up right?

Oh no its not MJ ? This affects my life on a massive level !!! How will I feed my kids ???

:D nerds :D oK, go ahead and flatter yourself thinking you are bringing order to the universe , champ

how did I do ?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

Oh no its not MJ ? This affects my life on a massive level !!! How will I feed my kids ???

I'd like to help you bronco.

post your paypal address.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Sorry I buried the lede . QB rating is a pencil neck geek stat that means very little.

How many times you watch a boring game then find out later the QB on one team had a super high QBR and you barely notice it?

All QB stats are full of shit anyway. How many QB's last week credited with an INT that was a perfect pass and the receiver slapped it into the other teams hands? That counts against the QB because how would you hang it on the guy that actually caused it? You would need to invent a stat just for that. Its a drop that was caught by the enemy. Counts as an INT even if it was a perfect throw. Beat up the QB when he did nothing wrong. How about the 1 yard throw that the guy runs 99 yards for a TD ? What an arm on that guy!!!! he threw a 100 yard TD !

Every game is a tree falling in the forest , if you see it you don't need stats and if you didn't see it and you are not the owner of one of the teams it may as well have never happened.

Everyone in here is a fan , only games they see mean anything the rest didn't happen . You and I don't need stats at all we are not trading for anyone or signing any paychecks from our own funds , we are just here to enjoy the game. We don't actually need a method of comparing two players to each other at all .

Its like all this stupid GOAT talk , it doesn't matter to anyone here who was the GOAT at anything. When I say it doesn't matter I mean my car will still start tomorrow , when I turn the thermostat the house should warm up right?

:D nerds :D oK, go ahead and flatter yourself thinking you are bringing order to the universe , champ

how did I do ?

Quite well.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

how did I do ?

photo 57fa883dead8c7363abf4cb315b587d8_zpsctxzqzly.gif

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

... will be the MVP this year.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@bronco2078 said:

I'd like to help you bronco.

post your paypal address.

Bronco cracks me up sometimes.......sometimes he even has a point! :oB)

• Options

He just threw his first interception last Week. Pretty solid start for him this year

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Threw 5 TD’s yesterday, no INT’s. He just separated himself a little further from the pack.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't tell me and my Mahomes collection stats don't matter.
    Up huge on the ones I've sold and still sitting on a bunch of them.
    You just have to know how to profit from stats, then maybe you wouldn't be so anti stats.
    Oh right, you're anti sports cards also. :p

• Options

odds to win the NFC championship went up to 12:1 from the 9:1, I originally bet.

I got in again.

• Options

Still leaning toward RW, but holy cow...Lamar Jackson is absolutely *** ELECTRIC ***

Dave

• Options

Lamar....geez.... New sheriff in town.

Dave

• Options

@Dave99B said:

Dave

The guy is unreal! This is my first Ravens game. They said he is on pace for 1250 yards rushing!! Has a QB ever led the League in rushing??!!

• Options

The Ravens are spanking the Rams!!

• Options

Can anybody even remember who was the Ravens QB before Lamar??!!

• Options

Jackson absolutely abused the Hawks earlier this year. There was no defense for him. None. Zero.

Dave

PS. It’s great to see the RAMs slide into oblivion. Always fun.

• Options

@Dave99B said:
    Jackson absolutely abused the Hawks earlier this year. There was no defense for him. None. Zero.

Dave

PS. It’s great to see the RAMs slide into oblivion. Always fun.

I agree. That was quite a spanking! Would have been worse if they had left Lamar in. :o

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Dave99B said:

Dave

The guy is unreal! This is my first Ravens game. They said he is on pace for 1250 yards rushing!! Has a QB ever led the League in rushing??!!

tom Brady had 1002 yards rushing

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Dave99B said:

Dave

tom Brady had 1002 yards rushing

But that is for his career.......right! B)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019 3:58AM

all this from Lamar Jackson and the Browns defense embarrassed him earlier this year. that game should be the blueprint other Teams use, and yet he runs wild. the Browns did the same thing last season in game 15 or 16 when Baltimore was just getting things revved up with Jackson and their defensive scheme was used effectively in the post-season.

I remember last year, I wasn't sold on Jackson because he was only using his legs. he has changed all that now and shown to be an effective passer. as he matures I'd foresee him passing more and running less, sort of how Russell Wilson has progressed. the thing with both Teams, the SeaHawks and Ravens, they are one play away from "Season Over" if either QB goes down. sure, that's a real possibility for most of the NFL, but running as often and with such abandon as these two it is more likely to happen.