Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Chance to buy a 1952 Bowman BB low series set... what to pay?

Title says it. Low number set with several dups (Berrax2, McDougaldx2, Raschix2, Campanellax2, Erskinex2, Kinerx2, Garagiolax2, Fellerx2, Fox x2). See scans below for average condition thruout (Mantle is o/c, Mays has great centering). What would be a fair purchase price. I want to be fair but don't want to overpay.

Comments

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

any ideas?

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would start by getting the VCP for the major cards in that set. Mays, Mantle, Musial etc.. The condition looks mid-grade at best and some of the cards look to be PSA 2-3 grade. I would base my amount mostly on the Mantle and Mays. If both the Mays and Mantle graded a PSA 3 you are looking at 1200 give our take for the Mantle and 350 give or take for the Mays. Assuming that both of those cards grade a 3 then you are looking at 1500+ for those just those two. Hard to say how much more.

If the Mantle grades a PSA 5 then you are looking at a 2400 give or take. I would be real cautious as the Mantle could easily be altered or a counterfeit. I would make sure whoever you are buying from is someone you can trust. That is my 2 cents. Good luck if you decide to make an offer.