Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Modern collectible coin rookie mistake

As I have posted some coins, I have said I was liquidating a collection from a friends deceased husband. I enter this endeavor with no experience. Just her trust. So, having made this error, I am trying to rectify it as well as possible.
Among this trove, more that 1/2 of the bulk was various proof sets and commoratives. US mints and some Olympic sets. I did the homework and determined which were not silver, which were 40% and 90%. Since I was told that their value was in the silver, and my friend wants to keep the silver on investment, I opened the cases and threw them away only to realize that I can't prove the content without them. These dates are all past 1964 and 1970 (I almost busted up the CC proof dollars before I realized what they were).
So now I have 2 stacks of Silver dollars and halfs, 40% and 90% that I don't know what to do with.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what the goal is, you mention that she 'wants to keep the silver on investment'. If she wants to keep it put the items in flips and give them back to her. The CC dollars I would recommend selling at a coin show or ?? since she is not interested in the collectible value. You could post them here on the BST but will have to be flexible in your terms since you are a new member.

The coins can be easily identified as to the content type so no worries about disposing of the plastic although it might, IMO, reduce the value for some of the commems.

Good luck!!

K

ANA LM
  • Options

Yes, just took them to a trader who offered me the amounts that I would have expected packaged. So, my posted issue is resolved.
    Flexible how?

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

You’re in the wrong forum

This is for sales or trades

Questions go in the US Coin forum, no sales there.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options

Apologies. Please close. I don't see how to do it.
    Thanks