Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1978 Dave Collins - 14

PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the 14 notation on this flip is all about? I can’t find another graded 1978 Collins that has it.

Comments

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

14, in 1978 was the sign of the Devil. Note the hat emblem and the eerie beings falsifying themselves in the stands.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

I do not know your answer, but I can say that Dave was apparently not well liked by Topps in those Mariner years.

I have the 78 signed, but have only seen the 77 signed one time. I have a feeling Dave may not sign it because it was not him pictured. That 78 is not a much better card either.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited October 14, 2019 8:56PM

I would say mechanical error on the flip...I can’t find any information about a variation...and if it were a variation, usually it’s noted below the name, not parallel to it.

And judging by the certification number, this is an older holder, i’m surprised it hasn’t been corrected by now if it is in fact a flip error.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Was somebody just collecting the Mariners team set and this was card 14 of the team set??