Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

First PSA Submission

Been a lifelong collector, but recently joined PSA. Sent in 15 cards by voucher. Still waiting on 1913 Fatima submission, but received my first shipment yesterday. All cards have been in my possession for 25 plus years. Most obtained in trade years ago, except the Seaver which i needed for my set. Learned a lot. Pleased with Staubach. Thought Seaver would grade lower. Thought Mantle and Clementes would grade higher 1 spot higher, especially teh 56. Guessing they are seeing coloring, surface creases, centering, etc.

Comments

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great hit with the Staubach. Congrats.

• Options
    soxaddictsoxaddict Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Nice cards! That Staubach is fantastic! Congratulations!

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

If ever there was a card made for the .5 grade, that Staubach right there is it. That centering should have gotten it to an 8.5 grade (unless because of unseen problems it was the centering that carried it to an 8).

Outstanding example you have.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    If ever there was a card made for the .5 grade, that Staubach right there is it. That centering should have gotten it to an 8.5 grade (unless because of unseen problems it was the centering that carried it to an 8).

Outstanding example you have.

I was thinking the same thing. I wish there was more consistency with .5 grade assignments. The eye appeal on that Staubach is outstanding, it deserves it.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Staubach would make my day.

Nice card and grade.

Mike
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Nice staubach!

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

I want that Staubach card :open_mouth:

• Options
    RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

That Staubach is an eye catcher for sure,Congratulations!!!!!

Rob
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice submission. I have a bunch of Joe Louis cards I have been meaning to submit, but everytime I try, I just can't let go of them. I always end up turning around at the mailbox, running home, and putting the cards back in their shrine. Afterwards I apologize to Joe, and burn my clothes.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Nice Staubach and Seaver cards. Results are typically lower than you think/hope.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great cards. I love them all no matter what the grades are. Just seeing vintage cards in a holder looks right to me. Are you going to sell or keep them?