Home Sports Talk
Options

You never heard of Eliud Kipchoge...but he is the GOAT!!!! Edit...Fake News!

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 12, 2019 6:38AM in Sports Talk

Shatters the 2 hour marathon by 20 seconds.

(20 seconds is about 350 feet in distance)

Comments

• Options

Fake news. :#

I give up. :|

"""During the race, Kipchoge followed behind a car -- a condition not allowed under IAAF sanctions -- and was assisted by an army of 30 pacemakers.

Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta congratulated Kipchoge in a tweet after the marathon: "You've done it, you've made history and made Kenya proud while at it.

"Your win today, will inspire tens of future generations to dream big and to aspire for greatness," Kenyatta added.""

• Options
    edited October 12, 2019 6:29AM

CNN headline, Nike swoosh and sponsorship by a chemical company should have been the tip off.

• Options
    edited October 12, 2019 6:39AM

I ran with Bill Rodgers once in the mid 1980's. Not for long as he was the fastest distance runner on the planet and I was a sales rep that was better at cubing out truckloads of plastic dinnerware than cranking out sub five minute miles. He was kind enough to chat with me as we shared about a half mile on Belle Isle along the Detroit river.

Bill is still the GOAT.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold on I still haven’t finished my coffee yet ☕️

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember in high school, I attempted to run a 5 minute mile. I almost collapsed half way through it. I coughed up something green. I never achieved the 5 minutes. My best was about 7 minutes. I can't imagine running a marathon.

• Options

Best I did for a mile was a tick or two under 6 minutes.

Entered the Detroit marathon twice. Finished the first in a time worth forgetting. Trained hard the next year, had a bad cold but figured I would snap out of it if I ran. Dropped out after 13 miles.

Great to try it, but running 26 miles is best saved for the elite runners.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ran my best PT test for work when I ran 1.5 miles in 9:08, that was my best and I’m not a runner by any stretch

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roger Bannister is the GOAT

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I ran my best PT test for work when I ran 1.5 miles in 9:08, that was my best and I’m not a runner by any stretch

That is very good.