Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BVG 9.5 Bird-Johnson Rookie - Faded Cut-Line?

Many of the Larry Bird / Magic Johnson rookie cards have a cut-line lower right corner. I was looking on eBay and saw a BVG 9.5 that looks like it might have a "faded" cut-line? Is it just a bad picture with pixelation artifacts, or is the line there but somehow "faded"?

Comments

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Bvg = garbage

• Options
    BriYo79BriYo79 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭

That's generally where the cut line is, but I've never seen one faint like that. They're either bold or missing altogether. I wonder if someone tried to use some sort of solvent to fade it out hence why this was sent to BVG instead of PSA.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Mine has a cut line there and it looks like it may have been altered

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't like the ears on the bottom edge.

Arthur

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

That definitely looks altered, I've never seen one that faded. A little more info on this card...

This card was double printed along with half of the set... while both cards are on the bottom row of the sheet (when looking landscape), only one is located near a cut mark on the border of the sheet. So half of the population of the Bird/Magic card has the potential for this cut line... but you don't see it on that many because the card was often cut where it is centered towards the bottom, so the cut mark is not present. If they cut right at/on the line, it should have top bottom centering of a PSA 10... if it's cut where the mark is visible, a PSA 9 is the best you can get.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible this is just a scuff on the case? It looks to line up with what extends past the card.