Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

W Quarters

2»

Comments

• Options

I thought the W supply had petered out when I opened those new boxes without any W’s, but I then got more 50/50 rolls afterwards - so there is always hope! Even with the many salt hunters out there, 2 million (actually, 10M) is still a decent sized number. Good luck with your box!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@MercsNWalkers said:

Week 3-present: Some boxes of brand new quarters had no W's in them

This is the week that worries me! If I ever get a box of brand new quarters, I'd better find a W in good shape! But I know they can't be in every box, the way they are salted in makes me think it'll be feast or famine.
    Quite interesting to hear your best finds were in rolls that were 50/50. That's similar to my find, only my rolls were more like 5/95. I'm heading to the bank for another box, fingers crossed, the great W hunt continues!!!!!!!!!

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

No silver. No W's. I did however find a gold plated quarter, probably one someone here popped into circulation. ;)

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2019 7:56AM

Been looking, checking change no luck.

I wonder if tougher in big city Metro area vs small town.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options

@Cougar1978 said:
    Been looking, checking change no luck.

I wonder if tougher in big city Metro area vs small town.

That's funny, I was thinking the opposite, tougher in small town vs big city....the small town goes through less change. But in reality, it is wherever those rare quarters are released. And by putting them into circulation, they will start spreading out everywhere, thinly, as not everyone even knows to look for them.

@1Mike1 said:
    Everytime I read the title to this thread I think tungsten quarters. :D W=wolfram=tungsten. :)

I'm beginning to think the W stands for "questionable" quarters. What? Where? When? Who? Why?

• Options

P = Pffft
    D = Doggonit =)

A fellow CRH told me he saw rolls of shiny San Antonio quarters at a gas station a few hours from here (closer to the release city). I'm going to sample some banks in that area today and check out what's going on. This is a "smaller town" area, and I wonder where the delivery truck came from (If I only knew!!) If I get skunked, which I'm assuming, I'll pick up some Morgans or something at a coin shop to scratch the itch!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Congrats!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Got a Lowell in change today & $100 to boot :)

I'd call that a WIN WIN !!!!

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:
    I have found only one so far, and that was from a register.

I got a rock ;)

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@CoinscratchFever said:
    Got a Lowell in change today & $100 to boot :)

I'd call that a WIN WIN !!!!

Exachary! I went in to this corner store to get a some oil, a few rolls of cents and a scratch off. After he sold me the rolls I asked if he had any quarter rolls and he said, no. Once I got going down the road is when I noticed the W...
    I will be headed back to that side of town very soon.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double congrats @CoinscratchFever!

• Options

Congrats!! Now that is one productive trip to the store!!

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a 2019-W War in the Pacific National Historic Park (Guam) quarter in change yesterday from a local store.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen a San Antonio quarter nor the rapids coin either.
    The last 2019 quarters seen around here were the war in the Pacific coins.
    No W sightings.

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've searched about 100 rolls of quarters since December.
    I'm also genuinely only about 6 miles from the Denver mint!
    All the rolls came from large Chase branches...
    So far I have found...Two!
    One 2020 V75 and one 2019.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not much of a roll searcher, but I have received 3 in change since they came out. Don't remember which ones as I don't keep them. I live in Southern West Virginia.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@onastone Only two banned members and at least one MIA since you started this thread in '19. Although 2 is kind of a high percentage for the total involved :D Whatever glad I'm not one of them.
    I fell off the quarter wagon a while back but maybe it's time to try again. Like most others it comes down to grade and 67 is the magical number. However, these should go up some years down the road because of the low mintages, right?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file