Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

4Sharpcorners 24 hour flash sale starting 10/7

Just got an email.

Comments

• Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up!

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Wondered if this was spam. It is to me, but likely not to others who buy from this guy still...

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭

I completely avoid buying anything from these guys.

• Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    Wondered if this was spam. It is to me, but likely not to others who buy from this guy still...

@ArtVandelay said:
    I completely avoid buying anything from these guys.

Thanks guys for the heads up.It sounds like there's a back story to this seller. Time to a background check. Thank you for preventing me from making a potential mistake.

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I buy from 4SCs. I just examine the card. When you grade as many cards as they do the quality of the card per grade will vary. Have about $200 in my cart right now. May pull the trigger, may not. Have a lot of grading fees of my own coming due

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rexvos is 100% right. I bought from 4SC just the other day too.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with this seller at all

edited October 7, 2019 12:38PM

@rexvos said:
    I buy from 4SCs. I just examine the card. When you grade as many cards as they do the quality of the card per grade will vary. Have about $200 in my cart right now. May pull the trigger, may not. Have a lot of grading fees of my own coming due

It seems they vary much more to the downside. When you see a thread titled, "Is this really a PSA 9 (8,10, etc)?", it is likely that you will see a link to one of 4SC's auctions. xD

@dennis07 said:
    I've made numerous transactions with 4sharpcorners and never a glitch of any kind. Their web site prices are lower than their ebay prices.

It is convenient for them to have their own site to boost their net profit, but I wonder how ebay is okay with them stealing customers off ebay's site as the mass mailing begins only seconds after the first purchase from 4SC on ebay. I guess it is a benefit for the consumer, but when two people want to do a PP direct deal to save fees, ebay becomes the Gestapo....

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good seller. I purchased and even received a bump from PSA on a 1965 Joe Morgan RC from an 8.5 to a psa-9!

mint_only_pls
    edited October 7, 2019 12:46PM

I bought from them one time only personally.

I guess they receive so many cards from PSA that PSA mislabeled a Gretzky OPC RC as a Topps and they didn't even review it to see. It was nice to get Topps pricing on an OPC version. Not sure if that was a one in a million chance or if it could happen again but may be worth a look.

The card did have a curse though on it I guess. I had it later reviewed by PSA for upgrading and they sent it back in the Topps holder again because I guess it didn't bump?... LOL

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    I guess they receive so many cards from PSA that PSA mislabeled a Gretzky OPC RC as a Topps and they didn't even review it to see. It was nice to get Topps pricing on an OPC version. Not sure if that was a one in a million chance or if it could happen again but may be worth a look.

I've had it happen at least twice that I can recall, one was a much rarer parallel labeled as base that I could tell from the front only scan ($6, still pop 1 in PSA 10 once correctly labeled), the other a foreign issue Sportscaster labeled as US that became a top pop when sent for Mech Error correction.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

be careful

The last time I ordered they switched two cards. I bought two nice centered cards and received badly o/c cards with different cert #'s I never would have bough them.

Then they wouldn't answer my emails.

very very bad

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@Rttrffg2012 said:
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Just bought 21 psa 10 Jeter cards for $11 each. Free shipping. No tax.

I think they might have lost money on me :smiley:

How did you get no sales tax? I had to pay, even though I live in a state with no sales tax.

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    be careful

The last time I ordered they switched two cards. I bought two nice centered cards and received badly o/c cards with different cert #'s I never would have bough them.

Then they wouldn't answer my emails.

very very bad

They are just as shady on their New England Sports Cards too. They commonly sell cards as NM yet they are all off centered. Basically anything you buy on that handle was not good enough to grade on 3 sharp corners.

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

I can honestly say I've never purchase anything from 4sc. Nothing against them. I have made one purchase from NESC, and yes their raw is meh.

• baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

@ArtVandelay said:

They are just as shady on their New England Sports Cards too. They commonly sell cards as NM yet they are all off centered. Basically anything you buy on that handle was not good enough to grade on 3 sharp corners.

I've gotten nice lots from NESC, sure they are not 9s or 10s... but they are pack/vending fresh. NM is a PSA 7, which allows 70/30 centering... might be a few worse than that, but most are within those standards or better. I try to build my raw sets based on NM/NM-MT standards unless it's a favorite, then I'll look for higher grade and keep them in card savers.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 10:47AM

This poem is dedicated to 4 Sharp Corners. It comes from the heart.

Roses are red, violets are blue, you only have one Joe Louis card, so I don't like you.

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dennis07 said:
    I've made numerous transactions with 4sharpcorners and never a glitch of any kind. Their web site prices are lower than their ebay prices.

Same. The Web site is the place to buy from. Never had an email not returned, I've been able to speak with them on the phone, never an issue myself. And 4 SC has listed a large amount of strong for the grade cards in the last 5-6 months.

I have had good luck purchasing from them. Have they been known to sell altered cards?

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    I have had good luck purchasing from them. Have they been known to sell altered cards?

Nope. Some cards that are weak for the grade, but not a disproportionate amount. Some that are strong for the grade too. Check the scans before you buy, as you should with any seller, and you’ll be fine.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

Thanks, felt I have always gotten the card I viewed. Much more cautious now where I purchase cards.