Home Sports Talk
Options

Did DJ LaMahieu have a good year because he finally left Colorado??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the longest time when I was a child and into adulthood the Cleveland Indians had their AAA Farm Team in Colorado Springs where the air is a little cooler and thinner. Their power hitters and marquee players were few and far between. We always called it the "Colorado Affect" and it didn't change much till they left that locale.

I wonder if it's the same for DJ LaMahieu?? Has he improved just because he isn't playing half a season in Colorado??

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

I always felt that Colorado had more of an effect on the power hitters because when they went on the road, the ball just didn't carry as well. He would be a different case. He's a good contact and line drive hitter that likes to hit the ball the other way and up the middle. In my mind, he just wouldn't be affected if you took him out of Colorado. I know he used to tear up the Phils and Mets when they traveled on the East coast.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

He has hit for more power this year than any year he was in Colorado. He was always a good average hitter. Is he showing us that a small stadium like Yankee stadium can affect a hitters power numbers just as much or more so than playing in Colorado?

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

How much did the "juiced" ball have to do with the power numbers. And Yankee stadium's right field "jetstream" plays right into his strength.

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I have wondered the same thing this season. I believe that it is a combination of things, including the lineup. Even Cameron Maybin is benefiting in that lineup. If only Giancarlo Stanton would find his groove.

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."