Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2000-P Sacagaw (or) 2000 P Sacagawea Dollar : Goodacre Presentation Finish Golden Dollar

These coins were extra special and were different than the rest of the 2000 Sacagawea Dollars. These coin themselves were struck on burnished planchets by polished dies using higher pressure - which resulted in a proof-like surface. They were also treated with an antioxidant to help preserve their special appearance.

I have 4 of these coins.
2 seem to be Sacagaw on the left and the other two on the right seem to be Sacagaw Goodacre.

Anyone familiar with this coin.

Comments

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019 11:15AM

All 5000 of the Goodacre dollars were certified by IGC, with some later crossed over to PCGS. Unless you cracked these out of the slabs, you don't have one.

Hopefully, you aren't using YouTube "Get Rich From Pocket Change" videos. Many of them "forget" to give you the whole story

EDIT - Correct typo

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019 9:37AM

767,140,000 regular uncirculated coins were made in Philadelphia in 2000; only 5,000 Goodacres were made.

Guess which one you don't have?

• acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I don't use or watch any of you tube to get my info. This is what you call passé... Got my info from USA coin book Native American & Sacagawea Dollars. The Goodacre Presentation Finis 5,000 were made I agree. But that is not the best out of the 3, 2000P coins.

''Cheerios Dollar" - Boldy Detailed Tail Feathers is more valuable then the Goodacre.USA Coin Book Estimated Value of 2000-P Native American & Sacagawea Dollar ("Cheerios Dollar" - Boldy Detailed Tail Feathers Variety) is Worth $2,610 or more in Uncirculated (MS+) Mint Condition. production 5,500

Has you can see, I don't use you tube channel; There are full of it......

edited October 7, 2019 11:38AM

@Oldhoopster said:
    All 5000 of the Goodacre dollars were certified by IGC, with some later crossed over to PCGS. Unless you cracked these out of the slabs, you don't have one.

Hopefully, you aren't using YouTube "Get Rich From Pocket Change" videos. Many of them "forget" to give you the whole story

EDIT - Correct typo

You are correct about the certificatiob. Goodacre immediately sent all 5000 coins to the Independent Coin Grading Company (ICG) in 2000 to have them certified and sealed in order to preserve them. Each coin was individually numbered and Goodacre had the numbers 2003 through 4999 sold to the public for $200 each while she kept the remainder for herself. How can you be 100% that no one has not open a case and spend it. Some kid that got this coin and didn't know about the value.

I just notice that 2 of of the 4 I got seem more polish and brilliant then the other. That is the reason of my post...

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@acadien said:

@Oldhoopster said:

EDIT - Correct typo

You are correct about the certificatiob. Goodacre immediately sent all 5000 coins to the Independent Coin Grading Company (ICG) in 2000 to have them certified and sealed in order to preserve them. Each coin was individually numbered and Goodacre had the numbers 2003 through 4999 sold to the public for $200 each while she kept the remainder for herself. How can you be 100% that no one has not open a case and spend it. Some kid that got this coin and didn't know [EDIT] all about the value.

I just notice that 2 of of the 4 I got seem more polish and brilliant then the other. That is the reason of my post...

So you think that at least 2 Goodacre dollars were cracked out of the slabs (a task that isn't easy), then used to buy something at face value. Then they entered circulation with hundreds of millions of other Sacagawea dollars only to have you get both of them in change?

Or maybe you could be seeing surface changes due to circulation and the propensity for the golden alloy to quickly react to environmental influences

To paraphrase the 14th century Franciscan Monk, William of Ockham; the simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Oldhoopster Totally agree. If the OP Dude was really serious, he would post this in the correct forum.

edited October 4, 2019 10:29PM

P.S. I did not get this from circulation. I bought it from a collector, he's Chinese and you might say, Oh my god this could be or is a fake one. These thing unfortunately happen It could have been gold plated at one time.. But hey, I only wanted to know if you spotted a difference between the coins I posted, Than I have 4 of the 767,140,000 - 2000P

Thank you for your participation and I guest I 'LL stay focus on the US coin book and not step out of the box.

2000 P Sacagawea Dollar
    Golden Dollar
    Mintage: 767,140,000

• giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭✭

As the forums says tuition was paid for failing to do proper research. Care to say amount paid for itms.

Also use of the F word is uncalled for here.

What your point, did I said something that was misplace.

**IF SO I APOLOGIZE IF NOT DAM IT. **

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019 10:06PM

You need to understand that in the normal minting process there are many different finishes due to differences in planchet surface, striking pressure, and die wear.

I have a 2000 Sac that is matte like the special matte finish coins that have been produced at various times. but it is just a normal business strike.

You know JBK you have answer the question to my post. it always a pleasure exchanging with you. The other members as well of coarse.
    Thank you

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019 7:10AM

I just want to know how s//he got the f-bomb past the software. Or maybe the new(ish) software doesn't screen for that. Shoot in the old days if there was a bad set of 4 letters (even in a link) it would make it toast. Like cockatrice, or that cool bird on all the French coins that we might normally see on the world coin forum.

Edited to add: I agree there can be many different variations of a business strike and I would suspect, as a non-Sacajawea dollar expert, that these are norma, if not environmental, variations. If only because it sounds like the Goodacre pedigree would be contingent upon being in either an original ICG slab or in a crossed PCGS slab. Which is interesting in its own right as that means PCGS would rely on ICG to set the pedigree.

Plus, though I can see coins getting spent from a collection, I'm not sure the average child (or uninformed adult) would be as likely to crack a slab as that is actual work.

Even so, it's fun to let one's imagination go. But the f-bomb...I'm impressed. Don't get me wrong, the running joke at work is how long it takes me to drop the first one, but I don't use it at home. Situational and all that. And, my mythological beastie word made it too. Software is different!

I get it Thanks for clarification on this matter. You are right, sometime the imagination play game, something I'll have to control.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still trying to figure out this F bomb thing. I don't see any F bombs. Was it "defused"? :#

Gee I don't know, ask STORK...

• KOYNGUYKOYNGUY Posts: 101 ✭✭✭

I saw all 5000 of them. None of the coins shown are Goodacre coins. Also these coins
    are circulated. My "F bomb " is FAWGETDABOUTIT ! J.P.

You're :D sure our not the Koynman

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    I'm still trying to figure out this F bomb thing. I don't see any F bombs. Was it "defused"? :#

I do believe there was an edit :smiley: Smart to do so before the mods saw it.

Funny, I had a draft response on this thread I'd never finished and apparently the 'S' word was present on the main forum when I was poking around there the same day. At least that day (or weekend) the filters were not filtering. The old ones were really annoying as they would flag letters in links that had nothing to do with profanity. Seeing a couple four letter words front and center in more than one place on the forums was a surprise. I'm certainly not easily offended by these but do appreciate them in situationally correct usage...and not where the kiddos might hang out.

@Stork said:

@JBK said:

I do believe there was an edit :smiley: Smart to do so before the mods saw it.

Funny, I had a draft response on this thread I'd never finished and apparently the 'S' word was present on the main forum when I was poking around there the same day. At least that day (or weekend) the filters were not filtering. The old ones were really annoying as they would flag letters in links that had nothing to do with profanity. Seeing a couple four letter words front and center in more than one place on the forums was a surprise. I'm certainly not easily offended by these but do appreciate them in situationally correct usage...and not where the kiddos might hang out.

I don't know JBK, but sure appreciate your comment.