Home Sports Talk

It was over then. Couldn't care less how gung ho he is or how team supportive he is on sidelines

HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

Don't care what plays he calls, how happy he gets, how supportive of the players he is on the sidelines, hate his his exuberant facial expressions, ... etc...the fact is:

He didn't run Lynch. M.O.R.O.N.

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I note a bit of resentment.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although not stated I suppose you are referring to the SB that Seattle lost to the Pat's because of the game ending INT.

Plays are only stupid when the don't work....maybe. B)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love Pete Carroll, he absolutely handed the Patriots a Super Bowl wine and I thank him for that 👍

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019 8:09AM

Pete Carroll deserves a Halo over his head after calling that play. o:)

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4, 2019 7:46AM

he pulled a similar, albeit slightly less egregious stunt last night that completely swung the momentum. the Hawks were up 8 with under 2 remaining in the first half and Carroll decided to kick a long field goal instead of going for it on 4th and 1 at the Rams' 30. his kicker missed, the Rams blew it down the field and scored, then they scored again to open the second half and took the lead.

nothing drives me crazier than watching coaches overanalyze and/or play not to lose

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coaches do tend to overthink themselves an alarming amount of times. I know I’ve watched games and for a fact I would have made better decisions multiple times

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Coaches do tend to overthink themselves an alarming amount of times. I know I’ve watched games and for a fact I would have made better decisions multiple times

Like Rodgers passing 4 times on 1st and Goal at the one and coming away with NOTHING!!!! They did that just to GIVE the game to the Eaglets and PI$$ me off!!! AND IT WORKED!!!!! :s

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

That bone head call cost the Seahawks a chance to be one of the few teams in NFL history to win back to back Super Bowls.